XVII. Garfont Part Two

Começar do início

Maddie nodded, "Yeah, so what?"

"Maybe...Ant wasn't such a good person and cheated on her husband with one of the few remaining Tornans after the war. After all, the people of Torna were known for their blue eyes-" Maddie's shoulders shook as she abruptly interrupted the other blonde's jabs at the woman she considered to her best friend.

"Ant never cheated on Julian. Don't drag her name through the dirt."

Mythra smiled, "You sound so very sure of that... Perhaps, you already know the real answer, don't you?" Maddie visibly flinched as she was stared down by Mythra's golden eyes. Fortunately for Maddie, Akhos interrupted before the blonde Aegis could get any more info out of her.

"We're nearing the Urayan Titan." The Flesh Eater gave a small sigh of relief as Mythra swapped places with Pyra. She knew that Mythra was not going to give up on the information, despite the fact that it would not help her in any way. Then again, Mythra always loved to taunt so she supposed it could have to do with that.

"This isn't over." Pyra's eyes glowed golden as she said this before her eyes turned back into their normal fiery red.

"Maddie, you and Akhos go on ahead." Pyra said once they were ready to leave the Monoceros and enter the Urayan Titan. The blonde sighed and knew better than to argue at this point. Mythra was already pissed enough, so it was definitely not worth it to make her any more angry. While Pyra was the more gentle of the two, Maddie doubted she would tolerate any refusal at the moment.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

If he was honest, Rex knew they were losing. Despite it being four on four, all four mercenaries were of greater skill. Then again, they did seem to holding back. From what little he could tell, not one of the mercenaries ever went for a finishing blow.

He noticed that Regan seemed to fighting mainly Ethan. When she stumbled a bit, he could not help but worry. He was unable to offer her any help before she was back to swinging Zenobia's Greataxe at Ethan. Nia and Tora we're on focusing individually on Yew and Zuo and seemed to getting tired.

"It that really all you've got? Are you the Aegis' Driver or not?" Vandham asked as he swung his Blade's Duel Scythes at the fifteen-year-old. Barely managing to dodge out of the way out of the continuous blows, Rex did not respond and instead chose to send a slash of dark ether the Urayan's way. To his dismay, Vandham simply stepped to the side at the last moment.

"You gotta do better that. C'mon, give me your best."

Getting annoyed with the taunts, he sent a few more slashes of dark purple ether in the man's direction. Rex huffed as the mercenary leader continuously dodged out of the way but made no moves to attack him back. Unbeknownst to Rex, the constant slashes of ether he was sending Vandham's way was causing his affinity link with Malos to become weaker.

Despite Rex's obliviousness to what his actions were causing to his Blade, Vandham's eyes were focusing intently on Malos. After dodging a few more attacks Rex sent his way, Vandham suddenly smirked as he watched the dark Aegis before Rex raised Malos' sword above his head. Rex was alarmed as the sword appeared to deactivate itself, and he heard Vandham chuckle.

"Finally reached your limit, huh? Now, take this!" Rex cried out in surprise as Vandham lunged at him, one of the Duel Scythes coming dangerously close to his throat. He was sure he had lost, that the man was going to kill him and claim Malos as his own. After all, if he did not even realize the struggle he was causing Malos, did he really deserve to be the Aegis' Driver.

Vandham let out another chuckle, "Y'know, if you're a Driver, you are a new one for sure." The man stated before he got up and sheathed the Duel Scythes he had been fighting with. Confusion hit Rex as he noticed the other three people Vandham was with put away their weapons as well.