I look up at her, at the mention of Ezra's name.

"So where is Ezra?" my mom asks.

"Ezra took Maddie out, she was a bit upset earlier on."

"So how are you guys? What was the reason for the sudden move?" she questions.

My eyes widen. I look up at my dad, who looked just as shocked as me.

"Uhm," I start.

"Just wanted to come back, we missed our hometown." my dad interrupts.

"I'm glad." she smiles.

"Also Justin, I have heard you're free of cancer."

My dad nods his head with a proud grin.

"I'm so happy for you, honestly I prayed for you every day since you left until Ezra told me you won your battle."

Could I even be shocked that Ezra knew my dad had recovered from his cancer? He didn't visit. He doesn't care.

"Thank you, Jen." my dad says sincerely.  

I clear my throat, "Where is the bathroom?

"Upstairs the first room on the left." she replies with a smile.

I nod my head and stood up and made my way upstairs, there was a long corridor with 2 rooms on the right-hand side and 2 rooms on the left. There was another staircase along the hallway. How many rooms did this house have?

I follow Jennifer's directions and went into the first room on the left. I walk into the bathroom and used the toilet, then sat on the edge of the bathtub.
I took my phone out of my hoodie pocket and read the message.

I have the drugs you wanted, where do you wanna meet?

My eyes enlarged. I completely forgot about that.
After the therapy appointment, I reached out to a dealer in my area and asked for the memory drugs which I now know are called ampakines. A drug that will help me remember everything from that night.
He said he would get back to me when he got a hold of the drugs, which I guess he did.
I briefly typed a message back.

Me: fuck I'm so sorry I've moved states due to personal reasons. Is there any way you can send it here?

The grey 3 dots began to appear, my leg began to bounce out of anxiety.

Dealer: Yes I can, what state are you in?

I let out a deep breath I didn't realise I was holding onto.

Me: Arizona

dealer: That's actually perfect, I have business down there in a week. I'll see you then.

Me: okay

This will be the last time I ever make a deal with a drug dealer.

I stand up from the bathtub and made my way to the sink. I looked into the mirror, sweat shimmered on my forehead.

"I didn't think it would be that hard to make a deal with a dealer." I muttered to myself.

I washed my face with water to freshen myself up then tapped my face with a towel.

I inhaled a deep breath in and left the bathroom. As I opened the door and walked out. I walked into something hard, I let out a yelp and my eyes shut tight as I waited for my body to hit the ground until I felt two warm hands gripping my waist tightly.

I gradually opened my eyes and looked into a familiar pair of ocean-blue eyes. I ripped his hands away from my waist and stood a few feet away from him. I slowly looked up at him. He looked as shocked as I did. My eyes roamed over his appearance, His body frame towered over mine, which made my 5'8 frame feel small, his chestnut brown hair messily sat on his head, His face structure was a whole lot more defined than it used to be, and he wore a red basketball jersey which had 23 imprinted on the front and I presume the back.