14 ; dont listen to heather at 1am

Start from the beginning

" go ... where ? you're not thinking of coming home with me , are you ? are you aware that this can be considered sexual assault ? i have a lawyer friend , you know . several lawyer friends . i can sue you for damage of personal property , attempted assault , sexual assault and a lot more . " he huffed .

" let's go twerking ! "

" good lord ! "

he needed a breather . his day at work hadn't been good at all , and having an encounter with such a girl wasn't making it any better . the fact that the stupid bar singer had to choose the song that would trigger her , the one song out of millions ...

" hey . " jaehyun reached out , gently nudging her . his jacket slipped off her shoulders ( how did she manage to not lose it , he didn't know ) . " hey , miss . "

she had fallen fast asleep on the shotgun seat of his porsche . 

it was his friend raeil's porsche , actually . she just insisted he take it for a while for reasons unknown . 

" hey , miss ... " a work tag , no , his company's work tag hanging around her neck caught his attention . " ... yoon haneul ? "

wait .

the yoon haneul from networkly ?

what a sight for sore eyes .

he remembered her trying out for ceo's secretary while his father was still , well , the ceo . getting rejected as soon as she walked into the office and tripped over heels that were obviously not her size and way too worn out . quietly crying in the stairwell .

and him wrapping his jacket around her , but two years ago .

jaehyun shook his head . he threw those trivial memories to the back of his head and started up the engine , driving out of the carpark . the cold midnight air seeping through the half - open window calmed his senses down , prompting him to turn the radio on .

brighter than a blue sky .

she seemed to be humming to the cursed song playing . 

yes , heather .

again .

she's got you mesmerised while i die .

at the traffic light , he couldn't help but steal a look at her . she hadn't changed much all those years , but then again , how much can a person change in two years , really ? 

his jacket slipped off her shoulders . he pulled it back up , then reached over to grab the seatbelt . as the distance between them rapidly decreased , the atmosphere seemed to change . her large doe eyes fluttered open , though still dazed and confused . 

why would you ever kiss me ? i'm not even half as pretty .

his hands instinctively let go of the seatbelt , letting it snap back into place as soon as her lips touched his . in absolute shock , he forgot to pull back , forgot to continue driving as the green light lit up their surroundings , forgot to look around for other cars though they were driving in an otherwise empty street .

" oh my god . " he managed to murmur out as his hands caught her face , though it was more of a reflex action .

you gave her your sweater .

an awkward cough .

he pulled the jacket tighter around her , then reached for the seatbelt again after tearing her hands off his face ( because while he kissed back for a split second , she had done the same , cupping her hands over his cheeks ) . 

it's just polyester .

jaehyun leaned back into the driver's seat , finally continuing the drive , though the green light had turned red again . not like he gave a fuck anyway - no one was there to catch him , and he could afford a fine perfectly well .

his red-hot face told him that the chain of events that had happened a mere few seconds ago were , in fact , real . very real . most definitely not fake . gripping the steering wheel with thrice his usual strength , he tried his best to shake off his muddled thoughts .

but you like her better .

do i really like her ?

he stole another look at her , fast asleep in his passenger's seat again . the same heat rushed up his face again , unable to be soothed by the midnight air .

the song was coming to an end , the radio host's faint voice in the background reminding the listeners that it was 1am .

he thought about the rest of the world sleeping peacefully under their covers , and then he thought about himself , dealing with problems he shouldn't be dealing and wouldn't have been dealing with had he not gone to that stupid little bar in the first place . now here he was , with a girl in his shotgun seat , his jacket gone , his phone dunked in what smelled like soju and vomit , and thoughts enough to tip his already unstable mental health .

i wish i were heather .

he didn't even notice his left hand reaching over to hold hers instead of the gear stick .

[ this is most definitely not the song's meaning but i felt like writing it
so ,, 
i might do another variation later on just cuz i feel like it muah ]