👨‍👧💕License To Die🚗🚓

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, I was chatting with my little girl" I said. "I must've missed the sign."

The cop turned back to me. "License and registration, please" He asked.

"I don't have any!" Gracie called from the back seat.

"He's talking to me, sweetheart" I said as I reached into the glove compartment for the car registration and then into my wallet for my driver's license.

"Stay where you are" the cop advised as he turned and headed back to his car.

"What's happening?" Gracie whispered.

"The police officer is just gonna check Daddy's license and make sure the car isn't stolen" I explained. "See? He's talking on the radio to his friends at the police station to make sure everything is okay."

The cop came back and handed me back my items. "Okay, so you now have two options" He told me. "I can issue you a ticket and you'll have to pay a five-hundred dollar fine for speeding or... you can take a selfie with me because there is no way my wife is gonna believe that I met you."

I blinked. "Uh... yeah, I'm gonna go with the selfie" I smiled.

After taking the selfie, he got back in his crusier and took off. I exhaled and restarted the car.

"What's that?" Gracie asked me.

I looked down at my license, which was still in my hand. "This? This is my driver's license" I told her. "It's what you get when you learn to drive. You'll get one too when you're sixteen."

"What's all the stuff written on it" Gracie asked.

"All the stuff that people need to know about me..." I explained, showing it to her. "See? It's got my full name, my age and my address, my gender. What color my eyes and hair are, my picture."

"I wanna see the picture!" Gracie said.

I passed it to her in the back seat and she stared at it.

"Do I look good?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything. I looked in the rearveiw mirror and saw her eyes go wide as she stared at my license.

"Gracie? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing" She said, handing me back my license. "It's a nice picture. Let's go home now."

"Okay..." I said putting the card back in my wallet and driving off. "And sweetheart, when we get home remember... the ice cream and the cop are a secret."

O.C's P.O.V

"Come on, John... pick up your phone!" I said rapping my nails against the kitchen counter. This was the third time in the past hour I got his voice-mail. If he got into an accident with our baby in the car...

"We're home!" Came his voice from the front doorway.

"Mommy!" Gracie ran into my arms.

"Hello beautiful!" I picked her up and set her on my hip. I gave Johnny a punch on the shoulder.

"Ow!" He yelled. "What's your problem?"

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" I asked him.

"I was driving" Johnny replied.