I guess that's my talent. . .being blind with the truth.

"Everything I make you feel is true, and everything I tell you is true. Believe me... you're the only one I have. Please. . .don't leave me.”

Tears welled up in his eyes, tracing down his cheeks in silent acknowledgment of the pain he could no longer contain.

It pained me to see him so vulnerable, but I hardened my resolve, knowing that I had to stay strong, for both of us.

As he moved to embrace me once more, I halted him with a firm gesture. "LJ, don't try to get close to me. I'm already shattered. Please, if you still care about me, just leave me be."

Pinunasan niya ang kaniyang luha at tumingin siya sa aking mga mata. “Ang sakit mo magsalita—"

"Masakit na Lance! Ang sakit-sakit mong mahalin."

I'm so fucking tired of this bullshit relationship that we had!

Ginawa ko naman na ang lahat pero ganoon pa rin! Wala pa ring silbi ang lahat ng ginawa ko at mga sakripisyo ko. My sacrifices for our relationship are already too much. Ubos na ubos na ako!

"Shain, ano ba dapat kong gawin para maniwala ka?! Tell me, I'll do everything to make you believe in me, please. . ." he begged while the tears continued to flow in his eyes like mine.

I saw the pain in his eyes, echoing the strain in our relationship. Briefly, empathy softened my resolve, weakening my knees. But I stood firm, refusing to be swayed. With determination, I locked eyes with him, ready to face our emotional storm.

"Wala kang dapat gawin para mapaniwala mo ulit ako because, in the first place, you already broke me into pieces—no, you shred me into millions of pieces! Kumbaga, sinira mo na ako, tinapaktapakan at pinunit . . . So pa'no pa kita papaniwalaan n'yan? Paano mo pa ako maayos n'yan kung sa una pa lang ay wasak-wasak na ako nang dahil sa'yo?!"

I scoffed. "Kung sasabihin ko ba sa'yo na patayin mo ang sarili mo, gagawin mo ba? S'yempre, hindi, 'di ba?"
Ngumisi ako at bahagyang nilapit ang mukha ko sa kaniya. "H'wag kang magsalita ng tapos! Dahil hindi mo na kayang gawin ang lahat para sa akin, okay?! Don't treat me like a fool, again. I'm so done with those bullshits!”

"Let's end this because this love is draining us both," I stated firmly, turning away. "We're just playing games with each other."

I heard him sniffle, so I glanced back. His eyes and nose were red, his once beautiful eyes now filled with tears.
He swallowed hard, attempting a smile despite the pain in his eyes.

"I-I don't want to break up. I don't want to, Shainny. . . Remember, I'm the rule," he joked weakly, another tear trickling down his cheek.

"Lance Joaquin Bernardo!" I said his full name, catching him off guard with the seriousness in my tone.

He bent down, sniffing. "Why do we have to go through this? Why do we have to split up?! Let's talk it out. . ."

He lifted his head, his tear-filled eyes expressing pain, fear, and hope. "Let's just talk, hon. . . I don't want to lose you. If you don't understand, I'll explain it to you, just don't leave me. . . Please," his voice trembled slightly.

"Didn't you promise to do everything to make me believe?" I asked, my fists clenched.

I didn't want to do this, but it had to be done. This was our way to set each other free.

"Yes, tell me everything," he said, a glimmer of hope returning to his eyes. The tears stopped flowing.

His hopeful expression touched me, but I knew I had to speak my truth. Wiping away my tears, I took a deep breath, preparing to speak.