"But you know what?" I choked out, my voice trembling. "Even though I know it'll hurt, I keep holding on to us, hoping we can go back to how we used to be. . ."

I

lashed out, my fist connecting with his unyielding chest. He didn't flinch or protest, instead, he stood there silently, allowing me to release my pent-up emotions.

As I continued to cry, my body shook with the intensity of my emotions. I found myself sinking into his solid chest, seeking solace amidst the turmoil. But even as I sought comfort in his embrace, irritation bubbled within me, fueled by the overwhelming flood of tears that seemed to have no end.

Mas lalo akong napaiyak. "Tanga-tanga talaga siguro ako dahil nagbulag-bulagan ako kahit na sobrang linaw na ng katutuhanan, but. . . I ignored everything for you! I ignored what people say about you!"

Muli akong napahagulgol matapos akong magsalita. Naramdaman ko ang malumanay n'yang paghaplos sa buhok ko na para bang gusto n'yang ipahiwatag na magiging maayos din ang lahat.

He heaved a sigh, his voice heavy with regret, as he planted a feather-light kiss on the crown of my head.

"You don't understand, Shain," he murmured softly. "I never wanted to hurt you or make you cry. I don't want you to suffer like this. . ."

His words cut through my swirling emotions, offering a brief respite from the turmoil within. Yet, even as he spoke, I couldn't shake off my lingering doubts. With tearful eyes, I glanced up at him, torn between hope and apprehension.

"Then why?" I whispered, the question hanging heavy in the air between us, begging for an answer that could ease the ache in my heart.

“I'm sorry, I want to tell you everything but this is not the right time yet. I'm sorry, Shain, alam kong, sobra na kitang nasasaktan pero paano naman ako?” In the midst of delivering his message, his voice cracked, revealing a vulnerability that echoed through the place. “Nahihirapan at nasasaktan din ako sa sitwasyon na’tin.”

Natigilan ako at napakunot ang noo. Marahas akong umalis mula sa pagkakasubsob sa dibdib n'ya at tiningnan s'ya ng masama.

"Nahihirapan ka na pala, bakit hindi mo ako iwan? Dapat lumayo ka na. Dapat nakipaghiwal—"

I fell silent as his strong arms enveloped me in a sudden embrace, leaving me momentarily stunned and immobile.

"Shain. . . please," his voice broke through the silence, filled with a raw honesty that caught me off guard. “Yes, I admit, I am struggling and hurt. In the cupid's arrow of our love, I've chosen to remain by your side. Through the highs and lows, my heart has found its home with you, and come what may, I'm here to stay."

I couldn't help but snort derisively, my sneer tinged with sarcasm. Despite his heartfelt words, I instinctively tried to pull away, even though I knew it was futile.

Ayaw ko na! Pagod na pagod na akong umintindi sa kaniya! Ubos na ako—naubos ako nang dahil sa kaniya.

"Lance, seriously? Are you kidding me?" I burst into laughter, the sound tinged with bitterness, before forcing another grin. "Mahal mo ako? At sinong niloloko mo? Ako ba? 'Yan na naman tayo, magaling ka talaga bumilog ng utak ng mga babae. . . But this time, I will never believe you,"

I shot him a smug smirk, ready to turn away, but his grip tightened on my hand. Irritation surged through me, and I shot him a glare, my expression hardened. Yet, beneath my anger, I glimpsed his distress—the subtle signs of unease. His Adam's apple bobbed, his nose reddened slightly. Tears threatened in his eyes, but my own resentment clouded any sympathy I might have had.