Oh Poop

(A/N) For later in the story... 1:15 in the video above gives a little context for what is going on. ❤️

The day was cool and foggy, surprising because it's Pepa's youngest, Antonio's, gift ceremony later today. And she didn't seem as stressed as expected. Her "clear sky's" must be working.

I'm even surprised we are invited to Antonio's ceremony regarding the tensions our family has. I don't even know why we have tensions, we just do.

I got out of my bed and put down the boring book I was reading to pass time. I grabbed the medium length (color) skirt and put it on. It was cooler, so I placed white leg warmers with a white laced blouse. I slipped on my (color) shoes and walked downstairs for breakfast.

"I'm surprised they even invited us." I laughed. I don't know why we don't get along. My parents haven't told me and as much as I know they won't anytime soon, so I "hate" them for no reason.

"Yeah, me too." My mom replied as she placed a plate in front of me. My brother started digging into this plate. "We should mess it up." He said with a full mouth. "As much as we don't like them, no, that won't be happening." My father replied glaring at him to make sure he understands then looking back down at the newspaper he was reading.

I finished my food and left the house after kissing my mother goodbye. I walked outside towards the center looking for my best friend.

I saw her glowing golden skin in the little sun we had today. Before I was able to reach her. Mirabel turned a corner handing her an invite to Antonio's ceremony.

"Thank you so much!!" The excitement showed on her face as she ran over to me after Mirabel left. (F/N) had the biggest crush on Camilo Madrigal and couldn't wait to see him at the ceremony.

"Me and my family got an invite!" She explained even though I saw it happen. "Are you guys going, (Y/N)?" She questioned. (F/N) is the only one who knows that your family doesn't necessarily like them, no one else.

"Yeah, surprisingly." I scoffed. "I can't wait!" She expressed again. We walked towards the cafe to get something to snack on before the ceremony tonight.

*Time Skip*

Me and my family walked over to the Madrigals grand and infamous Casita.

We saw Camilo in the distance greeting the people of the village with handshakes and hugs.

Knowing our disagreements he waves to be polite but we aren't greeted like the others. My parents nod in response. But he stares at me for a second, but I quickly look away. We walk in and I wait by the door for (F/N).

When she finally arrives I follow her around the Casita as she greets the Madrigals she sees roaming the halls. "I hugged Camilo." She said a smile appearing on her face. I rolled my eyes. She giggled.

We grabbed a cup of punch and rejoined the group of people surrounding the staircase waiting for the revealing of Antonio's gift. He walked up the lengthy red carpet his hand with Mirabels, up the stairs to his family waiting for him at the door. The small cloud above Pepa's head turned to a rainbow. Felix, Camilo, and Dolores all have large smiles.

Alma recited a speech then Antonio touched the candle then his door. A Toucan flew onto his arm.
"Yes, I understand you!" His little voice said. The crowd cheered as more birds flew over our heads towards his room.

A larger Toucan flew over my head and a glop of bird poop fell onto my head. Everyone turned shocked, some gasping and some giggling. I looked up towards the Madrigals at the staircase. Antonio looked sorry, Camilo giggling but once ours eyes met, stopped, and their Abuela had a small grin.

(F/N) turned to face me. "OMG- Are you okay?!"
"Well speaking that there is bird poop on my head.. yeah I'm doing great." Mirabel rushed over and led me to the kitchen to get me cleaned off. The party continued and gathered into Antonio's room, everyone wary of the birds above.

As I was getting cleaned, Antonio and Camilo managed to escape the crowd and join us in the kitchen. Antonio rushes over and hugs my leg. "Sorry, sorry! Tilly says she is sorry." The large bird in his shoulder looked dead at me. It was appreciated but this incident made me like the Madrigals a little less.

Camilo looks over at me eyes still open deciding if he wanted to laugh or ask if I'm okay. (F/N) was blushing since he was in such close proximity. Mirabel continued to dry me off. "I feel so bad," she says. "What can I do to make it up to you guys. You're dress is ruined."

"It wasn't your fault-" I started. Mirabel cut me off. "I can make you a new one! Here, just stay the night. That'll give me enough time to sew a new one. I'm good at sewing and it's fun." "That won't be necessary.." I waved my hands to let her know. But (F/N) joined in. "YES! Yes, that would be great. Thanks Mirabel." She smiles at Mirabel then Camilo.

"Great!" Mirabel stated. Let's meet up after the ceremony. We followed her back into Antonio's grand room where a large Jaguar waited for him there.