Fred/Hermione One Shot

Just a reminder, if you saw the account HPGirls anywhere we had a book of one-shots. This was my Valentine's Day one, so this is my own work. I created this one shot book so that I could write all my random one shots that maybe you'd find interesting! This is the last time you'll see this message.

"Ron.....Ron....RON!"

The door slam caused everyone in the living room to flinch slightly as silence filled the air, Hermione and Ron. Fighting again. Harry, Ginny and the twins sat around the living room playing a game of Exploding Snap as Hermione and Ron bickered over something that now resulted in Ron storming off.

Fred got to his feet slowly, walking over to the kitchen where Hermione stood against the sink, her hands turning white as she held her eyes shut tight.

"So what happened this time?" Fred asked as casually as possible, leaning against the counter beside Hermione.

Hermione took deep slow breaths and shook her head slowly, opening her eyes and staring out at the snow on the other side of the glass.

"Ronald, believes that celebrating Valentine's Day is pointless and that--"

"Well, it is," Fred nodded, "why should you pick a day to make sure a girl knows how you feel about them?"

Hermione studied Fred with a frown, "that's not the point...not to me at least, I just want to be able to take a day to spend together. I haven't seen him in weeks. But he's--"

"Busy," Fred finished, at this Hermione glared at him.

"If you're going to keep cutting me off then just figure out what happened for yourself," Hermione snapped.

Fred held up his hands in surrender and shook his head as he chuckled, "I'm sorry, Mione. Please tell me what happened, I'll be quiet."

Hermione raised an eyebrow at this, Fred made the gesture of zipping his lips and Hermione couldn't help but give a small smile. "Well, he said he'd be too tired from Auror training to do much of anything, all I'd like is a dinner somewhere that isn't my home or here, but Ronald refuses. Saying there's nowhere we can go and its just a waste of time when we can have a home cooked meal," Hermione sighed. "It's stupid, I know. But....I'd really enjoy going out on a proper date for once, after everything that's happened....it's something....normal people do, and I'd enjoy that."

Fred studied Hermione for a few silent moments, the Battle of Hogwarts toughened her but it didn't take away that girl inside who dreamt of the simple things in life--like a date. And she deserved that, without Hermione Harry and Ron would've been lost--Harry for certain--in their quest to do whatever it was they were doing all last year. And from what Fred knew, Ron had abandoned them at some point, leaving Hermione hurt more so than anyone.

All Hermione ever wanted were the simple things in life.

"You know.....you deserve a dinner out somewhere," Fred grinned, Hermione raised an eyebrow as Fred pushed himself to his full height. "Be ready by seven Saturday night, I'll think of the rest."

"Fred...wait...you--"

Fred held up a hand, "you really do deserve something, Hermione," Fred winked before walking away, the plans already forming in his mind as he walked away--much to Hermione's protests.

*****

Hermione looked at her limited wardrobe and sighed, in the way of clothing she had jeans, button down shirts, a few sweaters, and three dresses. She was currently staring at the dresses: a black one with ruffles around the skit, a light coral dress that was a halter, and a simple grey dress that had blocks of black on the front in panels diagonally across from each other.