Big Leap

~ A year later ~

Kai's P.O.V

Cream and I had been together for so long. Sure we had our struggles here and there but in the end, it was always resolved. I loved Cream more than anything in this world. We were going to be graduating soon from all of this. I wasn't sure where I was going next. But I knew I didn't want to go without her. She was always there for me. And after getting into a few bumps with her, I knew I could risk losing her.

But in the end, I knew there was only one thing left to do. I rode on my motorcycle to her friend Amy's place. Hopefully, she'd be free to see me. When I arrived at her castle, I was greeted by multiple guards. "State your business!" the ordered. "Um, I am here to see Amy? Cream told me she lives here." I told them.

They talked with each other for a little bit before nodding their heads. They guided me and when I was brought inside, a little lioness jumped towards me. "Cream's boyfriend!" she cheered and leaped into my arm. "Oh hey! You're... Spirit?" I asked making sure I knew her name. "Yeah! That's me! What are you doing here?" she asked. "Oh, uh, I'm here to talk to your mom! It's about your aunt!"

"Oooh! Tell me!" I looked up and saw Amy walk towards me. I put her daughter down and bowed. "Oh stoppppp! You're Cream's boyfriend! There's no need!" she told me. "Well, as long as it's okay. But... anyhow, thank you for having me today your majesty. I just needed to ask you something very important!" I said. She stared at me before smiling and motioned for me to sit down. "As you know... I love Cream, very much. But... I needed some advice from you," I went on. "Really!? What is it! I'm dying to know!"

I cleared my throat and reached in my pocket. It was a ring box. I heard Amy gasp and try to hold back her squeals. "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" she kept saying. "LEMME SEE IT!" she squealed again and took the box. When she opened it she looked disappointed. "Wait? No ring?" she asked. "Well, that's what I needed your help with. I... I don't know what Cream would like or what even goes with her personality. I wanted to go with a regular diamond but... it seemed too plain!" I explained.

She tapped her chin before smiling. "I know just the thing! Buttttttt- we're gonna need a few others to help us out with the ring choice!" I was confused what she meant but she told me to just wait for her. Not too long after, her friends Rouge and Blaze came. I didn't know too much about them but either way, I knew they were nice. They even brought their little kids, Crystal and Bella. "Spirit! Spirit! Is it true? Mr. Kai wants to be our uncle?!" Bella cheered. "Yes! Yes! He wants to marry Aunt Cream!"

My cheeks turned even underneath my black fur as Amy, Rouge, and Blaze both approached me. "Soooo, I heard someone wants to propose to our little Cream!" Rouge cheered bouncing in place. "Oh my gosh, Kai! That's so sweet! Cream's so lucky to have such a good boyfriend!" Blaze added. "He'll be even luckier once we help him pick out a ring!" Amy added. They geeked some more as Rouge pulled out this huge box. Inside it was tons of rings of different shapes and colors. I was rather surprised.

"Ever since Knuckles helped me start my own business, I've gotten my hands on thousands of gems! There has to be one you would like!" she told me. Together we sifted through all sorts of rings that were inside the box. But I couldn't quite find one that fit the occasion. "I appreciate the help... but I don't think any of these really fit what I want for Cream!" I told her. All of them sat down and sighed.

But then Rouge sat up. "Wait! I have an idea!" she said, taking out her phone. She looked as if she were calling somebody. "Hello? ... Yes Vector! I need you to do us a huge favor! Do you still happen to have that ring? ... Yes yes that ring! ... Really!? Can you bring it over to Amy's castle? ... Okay thanks hun! Cya in a bit!" she replied. I cocked my head to the side wondering what was going on. "Just give us a second hun! We'll be right back!" Rouge told me and they all ran in a different room.

As I waited, I felt a vibration in my pocket. It was Cream. I was so nervous. I didn't tell her where I was going! But if I didn't answer, she'd be worried or suspicious. I took a deep breath and answered. "Hey, princess! What's up?" I asked calmly. "Oh, Kai! Thank god you answered! Uh, Charmy and Tails are acting weird. They just randomly keep distracting me. Did you happen to say something to them?" she asked me.

"Uh, no. Maybe they're being themselves. I mean is this the first time they've actually been like this?" I told her. I could hear her think. "I suppose so. But Kai I need you! I need help baking cupcakes! You promised you would!" she pleaded. "J-Just ask Tails and Charmy to help start it! I'll be there soon I promise!" I urged her. "Okay.. fine! I'll see you soon! Love you Kai!" she replied happily. "I love you too princess. Stay safe!" I told her and hung up.

When I was done with our conversation, I looked up and saw Vector walking towards me with the others at his side. Hunter and Finn were with him. All of Cream's little nephews and nieces ran up to me and hugged me. "I hear you're in need of a ring for my our Cream!" he smiled walking over to me. "Well, I'm trying to find a ring. But I want it to be perfect! I mean... to me Cream is the most wonderful girl I've ever met. And she deserves the best. I won't give her just any ring..." I told him.

He smiled and handed me a box. I looked at him confused but he just urged me to open it up. I did and inside I was shocked to see the most beautiful ring I've ever seen in my life.

 I did and inside I was shocked to see the most beautiful ring I've ever seen in my life

I couldn't believe it... "This was the engagement ring I bought for Cream's mother when we were together. But she passed away before we ever got married. Now that I'm with Espio, and Cream's much older now, I have no problem letting it go. Besides, she's been begging to see that ring since the day she passed on." Vector told me. It was perfect. Exactly what I'd been wanting for Cream! "I can't wait for you to propose to Cream! She'll be so happy!" Blaze squealed.

"Me too! This is so exciting! Honestly Kai! You have to tell us when you're going to propose!" Amy said excitedly. "Well... there's one thing I have to do before I do." he said to his. "What would that be hun?" Rouge asked.

"Talk to Shadow..."