Anyway, they had been fighting this robot Tony and Bruce had accidentally made, Ultron. They went to different places. Something about a cradle, not sure, wasn't really listening. All I had to do was wait for them to call me and tell me they were coming home.

Eventually Dad called. I got JARVIS to answer as I didn't feel like getting up from the couch. Not today.

"Hey Dad." I greeted.

"Hey, kid. We're on our way back, can you make sure two guest rooms are ready? We got some new recruits." I furrowed my eyebrows confused by complied regardless.

"Sure girls? boys? And how long will you be?" I asked, really not wanting to get up.

"Two girls, one boy. I know you don't want to get up, Lyn. We'll be back in about 25 minutes so move your ass." He commanded.

"Okay, calm down. You want two rooms with three people?" I questioned.

"The girls will be sharing. Ones a kid. Now go get those rooms ready."

"Eye-eye captain." I joked before asking JARVIS to end the call.

I got the rooms ready, making sure there were clothes, toiletries etcetera. I did that in about 10 minutes so I went back to the couch for the next 15 till the team got back.

I heard the elevator ding so they were back, but I had no urge to make any effort to move and greet the new team members.

"Evelyn, don't be rude and greet your new team mates." I heard dad say. I huffed and sat up on the sofa, my back to the door where they were currently stood.

I turned around and was immediately drawn to the pair of eyes I had missed the last seven years. The eyes I feared I wouldn't have the privilege in getting lost in again. The eyes that belonged to a person I fell in love with.

"Lyn? You okay?" Steve asked. I realised I zoned out for a minute.

I nodded my head, not moving my eyes from hers. "Yeah, I'm fine." I reassured him. Everyone was in an awkward silence but Wanda and I. I heard a small sound of realisation from Nat who I assumed had figured it out by now. "Hey, Wanda." I said quietly so my voice wouldn't crack.

She didn't reply, she just simply walked over to me, putting a hand on my face, examining my features.

"You haven't changed." She said barley above a whisper. I put my hand in hers that was caressing my face and sunk into the comfort of her touch.

"I missed you so much." I said before smashing my lips into hers to which she, of course, kissed back.

"Okay, one thing has changed. You're a better kisser now." We both let out a small laugh.

"Nothing has changed with you. You can't improve what is already perfect." I said with a smirk and she laughed at my cheesy line. God how I love that laugh. We found ourselves staring into each others eyes again. I reached for her other hand when I felt something small and cold on one of her fingers. "You still have it." Tears started slowly falling from my eyes as I looked at the ring I asked her to marry me with seven years ago.

"Happy anniversary." We both laughed.

"Okay, someone want to explain?" I heard Dad.

"Dad-" I started before Pietro cut me off.

"Allow me." Pietro said with a smirk.

"Oh god." I heard Wanda, who had now turned around and was leaning her back on my front.

"Our great love story begins fourteen years ago when, at ten years old, Wanda and I volunteered for HYDRA. When we arrived one guard started mercilessly beating Wanda in the middle of where all the cells were. One girl was coming back from her training and saw this. She pulled the guard off Wanda, getting herself beaten instead. Eventually both being thrown in neighbouring cells. What was it you said to Wanda when she thanked you Evelyn?" Pietro said with a small laugh, already knowing the answer but wanting to embarrass me.