25. Relationships, The Broken And The Mending

Magsimula sa umpisa

"De...dekho, tum daant baad mei lena, pehle us co..cockroach ko bhagao." Kuhu said childishly still hugging him tightly.

"Madam uske liye aapko mujhe chhodna padega." Kunal said with a teasing smile, making Kuhu realize their position and immediately left him.

She looked down being embarrassed while Kunal shoved off the cockroach from the couch.

"Chalo ab so jao." Kunal said pulling Kuhu down, who stared at the couch first and then looked at Kunal making baby face.

"Fine, tum bed par so jao." Kunal said sighing as he made his way towards the couch.

"Tum bhi bed par so jao." Kuhu said as Kunal turned around and raised his eyebrows giving her an 'are you nuts?' look.

"Aise mat dekho, tumhari bhalai ke liye keh rahi hu. Kal tumhari meeting hai, and I'm sure you don't want your spinal chord and backbone to achae."

Kuhu reasoned making a pillow wall in between the bed and layed on the right side of the bed.

Kunal looked at her and then turned around to switch off the lights. He returned and layed on the bed, when something striked his mind.

"By the way agar tumhe pata tha ki hamari meeting Mishti ke saath thi toh tumne mujhe bataaya kyu nahi?" Kunal asked turning to her side.

Confused for a minute Kuhu soon realized what he was referring to.

"Kunal, first of all I'm no one to interfere in yours or Nanchack's business meetings and secondly it was clearly Mishti's choice whether to inform you guys or not."

Kuhu said in a stern voice, making it clear to Kunal that there was no way he or Abir could escape from Mishti until and unless she herself wanted to avoid them.

He hummed at Kuhu's answer and closed his eyes trying to get some sleep, as his mind flashed the memories of today's life changing confrontation in his life constantly.

As for Kuhu she was not doing any good. For some reason she was feeling very anxious but, she shrugged it off and tried to sleep unknown to the fact that her sister and husband, both were suffering.

...............

Mishti stirred in her sleep as sunrays fell on her face. She opened her eyes slowly and tried to get up when she realized someone had held her hand tightly.

Looking around she found Nishant sitting beside her with his one hand holding her hand and the other hand on her hairs.

She smiled softly looking at him and then remembered the last night events.

"Shit, not again Mishti. Ab toh Nannu tujhe koi bhi kaam karne nahi dega. Be ready to be babysit by your own best friend, Mishti Agarwal Maheshwari."

Mishti thought to herself frowning as she noticed Nishant slowly opening his eyes. She quickly closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.

Nishant rubbed his eyes and looked at Mishti who was busy doing her pretense.

But, she'd totally forgotten that the man who she was trying to fool was Nishant Maheshwari, who could catch even the slightest change in her behavior let alone her pretense.

The moment Nishant looked at her, he knew she was pretending.

"Nautanki." He thought and decided to play along with her.

"Ms. Teapot, get up. Aaj meeting hai jaana nahi hai kya?" Nishant asked patting her cheek, as Mishti remembered about the meeting.

"Zyaada, drama mat kar Mishti uth jaa, warna yeh Nannu aaj ki meeting hi cancel kardega."