Step Siblings || 04

Start from the beginning

the only time jungkook overcame his embarrassment and spoke was to wake his hyung up, telling him that they're about to land. jimin had smiled at him, asking if he slept or not and for some reason jungkook couldn't bring himself to tell the elder that he was too busy pondering over his life, introspecting if he was actually being jealous over his brother because of some kid they haven't even met yet. no way.

like many years till now, jungkook still walks behind jimin, staying nearby like a puppy to his hyung in the crowd. after checking out in the airport and located their dad's driver who had come to pick them up, they could finally breathe in ease away from the cramped crowd.

"hyung," jungkook calls at last and jimin hums for him continue, "i'm not jealous..."

the elder looks at him, breaking into a fit of laughter as he ruffles the boy's hair, finding it absolutely adorable for jungkook to be so close to his hyung that even the thought of sharing him with another sibling was making the boy uneasy.

"i'm serious, hyung. i'm not jealous...!" the boy emphasizes.

"yeah, of course." jimin shakes his head, "you're so worried over me and the new sibling. but have you thought what to do if you happen to like him or her more?"

"that is different, i'll still have just one hyung, and that is you. you're the one who'll be having two younger siblings."

"you're thinking too much, buddy." jimin sighs, glancing back on the front as the locality passing by changes and the driver finally pulls in front of the mansion the boys call home.

the two smile softly, staring at the lavish exterior with a huge garden and a crystal water fountain in the front to welcome anyone with an amazing view of the sunlight striking right on the second and third dip of the fountain, creating a mini artificial rainbow.

"it's still the same," jimin smiles softly, "i missed this so much."

"yeah, me too." jungkook nods, breathing deeply as he gathers his eyes back and follows the elder up the wide staircase, entering the foyer which is balanced between royalty and modernization. the dark wooden stairs along with the glass railing uncurls gorgeously with symmetry from either sides, joining together at upper level and leaving space for a huge open window downstairs.

"dad! we-" jungkook stops in the middle, hearing a pair of footsteps, not heavy ones of an adult, instead these are much lighter and sound squeaky. the boys exchange glances staring at the top of the staircase, hoping to see the owner of the noise.

"mamma!" a high pitched voice calls, almost giving the brothers a heart attack as their eyes locate a tiny body, much tinier than what they expected, running down the stairs. however the kid stops halfway on the steps and stares at the two boys who return a much confused version of her gaze.

"you not my mamma..." the little girl says, taking slow steps to the bottom and leans on to the rail, "who are you?"

"uh i'm jimin," jimin clears his throat and then points at his brother, "and this is jungkook."

"chunkoo?"

"uh yeah something like that... but who are you?"

"i'm riri," the girl smiles, showing her little teeth between the thin, tinted lips which makes the boys wonder if it's the natural color or her mother applied a lip gloss.

"hey, we're ba- oh! jimin, jungkook, my boys!" jaehyun smiles widely, hugging the two as soon as he enters the place, making them smile. "how are you both? and how long has it been since you arrived? did i make you wait long?"

"no no, dad it's fine. we just came. and we're good, really missed home though." jimin smiles, making the father chuckle.

"anyways, meet eunmi, my wife and your mom now." he smiles, gesturing his hand towards the lady near him who smiles at the boys. jimin and jungkook bow to her politely, returning the smiles as she pulls them up and takes a moment to study their faces.