𝟬𝟰. supercut

Start from the beginning

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Mia smiles enveloping her parents in a group hug. She had been walking or biking everywhere which was good for her in some sense but she missed her car more.

"We love you Mia, believe us when we say we only want the best for you." Her dad whispers into her hair.

She pulls away, "I'll be home right after school, promise."

"And don't forget we need someone signing off on you eating your lunch—"

"Don't worry Mom, Miss Brown already emailed me about you emailing her. Which was not needed at all." Mia tries to shush her parents up as she gets into her car and they're still hanging on. "Now seriously back up, I'm gonna be late and I don't want to run you over."

They wave at her as she drives out of her driveway and down her street. Her phone automatically connects to her bluetooth and she smiles, a bit of relief washes over her as she feels an ounce of normalcy return to her.

She could still hold on to her New Year's resolution, it was only four days into the new year she still had a lot of time. She could really focus on herself and put her all into everything that was coming in the few months ahead. The SAT, getting an early start on the Common App, finishing up her extracurriculars, and getting her favorite teachers to write some letters of rec.

Her attention was taken away from her planning when she spotted the familiar face of the boy she had met on New Year's Eve. She pulled over honking at him, "Elliot!"

His face turned, a smile taking over it as he picked up his skateboard he had been riding. "Yo! Mia right?" He walked up to her passenger seat's window.

"Yeah, hop in! You're going to school right?" Mia asked as she unlocked her door, watching Elliot get in her passenger seat throwing his skateboard in the back.

"Mmm, sadly. Not really looking forward to being the new kid and all that bullshit." He replied as Mia pulled back on the street.

"Can't be that bad, no one really cares these days I guess." Mia laughed, "No offense."

"None taken— Hey thanks for like going along with the lie the other night." Elliot nodded.

Mia cringed thinking back to her doing all those drugs on some random person's washing machine. "Yeah no problem."

The two laughed and bonded over their similar taste in music, and other things the rest of the car ride to school. Mia found Elliot funny and kind of cute even without the drugs coursing through her system but like in a friendly way.

"Do you have any wipes? My hands are fucked from my skateboard." Elliot held up his dirty hands as Mia parked.

She nodded, "Yeah, in the glove compartment there should be a white bag that has some baby wipes."

Mia brought out her lip gloss, reapplying it in the mirror that was above her seat.

"Holy fuck!" Elliot exclaimed, pulling out the white bag. "Uh well I found the wipes."

Mia's face dropped as she saw the ziploc bag full of random ass drugs in the form of pills. She immediately covered them with her hands, "Don't tell anyone."

Elliot gave her an honest look, "Don't worry."

Mia nodded.

Elliot finished wiping his hands, "You are very mysterious Mia."

She laughed, " Not really. More fucked up than mysterious."

"I mean aren't we all?" He shrugged.