But I'm just glad that she still trusts me after everything.

We're already deep in the forest when we finally heard people's voices and swords clanking.

"Dodge this. Okay, Move your feet apart" I heard Soojin.

They finally came into view and I saw Soojin with her mid-long black hair and black leather coated clothes.

Soojin is one of our best fighters but was never promoted to a knight because of her gender. She was one of the first people I asked to help train.

She looks very intimidating but she's really nice if you get to know her.

"Soojin, I want you to meet someone" I called out.

Soojin looked behind her, away from the girl she was training, and saw us.

She walked towards us "Who's this?" She
asked indifferently.

I smiled "Remember when I told you that I'm still looking for your partner for the war?" I asked and saw her nod her head.

"This is Soojoo. She's a friend and I want you to train and protect her" I glanced at Soojoo and saw her smile at Soojin before I turned my attention back to Soojin.

Soojin only shrugged with a nonchalant face

"She can sit over there. I'll train her after Hannah" she said and turned away.

I looked at Soojoo and her eyes narrowed at Soojin "Don't worry, she's nice when you get to know her" I smiled at Soojoo.

She only nodded and headed to the bench Soojin pointed at.

I watched as Soojin continued training Hannah and showed off her skills in combat. She really is a great fighter. I turned and saw Soojoo watching the training with interest.

I sighed and started thinking. I want to protect all of them and come out of the war with no casualties, but I could only hope and pray that nothing goes wrong.

I started walking aimlessly away from the women training and continued my thinking.

Most of The Longfords' army is at their Kingdom together with our knights. We only have to fight the ones that are here but if our plan works we don't even have to fight at all.

I was mindlessly walking through the forest and reached the other side when I unexpectedly saw Jennie under a huge tree in the forest, so I walked towards her.

This area is the most secluded part of the forest, it has a large tree in the middle. Most residents haven't seen this place even after living in the kingdom for so long.

She's looking at the trees with a serene look on her face. I smiled at how peaceful she looked with the sun shining on her face that made her look angelic.

She heard my footsteps and turned to look at me. She smiled and I hate how my heart skipped a beat when I saw it.

Why does she still have this effect on me?

"What are you doing here alone?" I asked when I got closer.

She shrugged. She was still looking at me and smiling "Just enjoying the peace of being surrounded by nature. It's very therapeutic" then she looked down while she bit her lip slightly like she was debating about something in her head.

Then she looked up at me like she finally had a decision. She started walking towards me and I watched her every move and felt my heartbeat twice as fast with every step she took.

Finally, she stopped and stood right in front of me and she stared at my eyes while I stared at hers and it's like the memories started flooding back.