Your coworker had always tried to put ideas in your head.

Telling you that no man WILLINGLY stays overtime at work unless he has a family to feed or he's seeing someone else.

As convincing as it sounds, you weren't going to let someone else's misery ruin your happiness.

You- "Yeah, it does sound like that, but I hadn't found anything suspicious on him...no hairs, no lipsticks, no hickies, no perfume...nothing."

"That doesn't mean anything, he could be good at covering his tracks."

You- "Trust me, I know him more than you think."

You and your fiancé, Derek, had been dating for 4 years, and engaged for 2.

6 years you had known him.

You met him at your college's library.

You were looking for a book that you needed for your presentation and coincidentally, he was looking for the same book.

Since there was only one copy, he'd let you use it first and he said he'd look for a different book.

But you suggested that you two shared the book and he agreed.

So you two spent a lot of time at the library, studying and getting to know each other.

Until he made the first move and asked you out for a movie.

You agreed and have been together ever since.

You laugh thinking about how one book brought 2 people together.

But he has been pretty distant every since he got promoted at his job.

He was a teacher and has worked his way up over the years to become the superintendent.

You would see how tired he gets from work and you felt that what other way to get him to relax than to take a vacation together?

"God that was a short break..."

You- "Honestly, like how does an hour feel like 20 minutes?"

"Being an adult sucks I swear.."

You- "Yeah, lets just get back to work before we get written up again."

"I seriously think that being written up for coming back a few minutes late from your break is stupid..."

You- "I know but there's nothing we can do about it.."

"I guess..."

________________________

{8 PM}

After a long and tiring shift at the hospital, you come home and take a shower before getting into your lazy clothes.

Then after making a quick cup of coffee you went to your laptop and started searching for vacation deals.

The thought of finally getting to spend quality time with the love of your life just filled you with excitement.

You hoped that you two would have done this on your honeymoon.

There were so many places to choose from and you couldn't decide which one to pick.

But it also didn't help when you two haven't gone on any adventures together.

The most exciting thing you two had ever done together was probably look at the city lights from a hill top.

You would've thought that you guys would have done more during your 6 years together but nope.

And you would be lying if you said that staying at home with a cup of coffee is better than getting a spiked drink at the club.

But overtime you started to crave the need to go out and do something for a change.

You've had previous experiences of almost drugged and kidnapped back in your college days.

But Derek made sure you were always safe and protected.

Guarding your drinks.

Accompanying you when you need to use the restroom, waiting outside the bathroom entrance of course.

Taking you home when you couldn't stay awake while driving.

And making sure you didn't miss a meal when you were stressed out.

He had done so much for you and you had done nothing to show your appreciation to him.

You wanted to use this vacation as a way of paying him back for all the times he's looked out for you.

Even if he refuses, you won't take NO for an answer.

*DING*

Your focus was interrupted when you heard your phone go off.

You picked it up and read the text your fiancé sent.

I'm stuck at work again, please don't wait for me.

Usually you sighed at the thought of being alone in your shared apartment again.

But this time was different.

You had more time to search.

You didn't have work tomorrow so staying up late won't affect you.

With a quick stretch and another cup of coffee at hand, you put your focus back on your laptop.

"Alright, lets see what we can find.."