Chapter 2 - Third Person POV

It's Wednesday and June and Stina's fourth day at the new children's home in Nebraska. It's mid-January 2012. June and Stina don't like it in the new children's home. The children are cheeky and have no manners. Stina and June are teased and abused by the children in the children's home. At the dinner table, some bitchy older girls come up to June and Stina and bully them. One of the girls, Skyler, steals Stina's pudding and laughs at her. Each child in the children's home was only allowed to have one pudding. Stina doesn't think it's nice and is hurt. June can't stand the way the kids are treating her and her sister any longer and follows Skyler and her friends. When she get's riht behind them , June addresses Skyler in a pissed tone. Skyler turns and loudly pokes fun at June. The other children laugh. It's too much for June and she punches Skyler in the stomach. Skyler convulses in pain, but June doesn't stop. Enraged, she hits Skyler several more times until the director of the Childrens home angry seperats the two. After this incident, June gets a serious eviction from the children's home director. Over time, Stina also becomes more cruel and doesn't let everything be done to her. She also starts fights. And she also beats up younger kids for making fun of her. The Nebraska children's home can no longer tolerate the sisters' behavior. After two years, the children's home sends the sisters to an orphanage in Ohio. The sisters travel in a taxi. The ride takes a whole night. The night is cold and the wind is icy. The taxi driver is smoker and rude. He leaves the window open for the entire journey and Stina gets the windin her face the entire journey. When the sisters arrive in Ohio early the next morning, Stina has a bad cold and a high fever. But Stina recovers pretty quickly. The sisters are being treated well and are beginning to settle in and feel very comfortable in the Ohio children's home. They also form some good friendships. After half a year in the children's home in Ohio, there is a man who wants to adopt the sisters. His name is Miguel and he's from Mexico. Miguel makes a very nice impression and Stina and June soon trust him. If all goes well, Miguel will pick up the sisters in a week and take them to his home state  Kentucky. Stina and June are very happy but also sad that they will leave the children's home and their friends.

But what nobody knows or suspects is that Miguel from Kentucky will make life hell for the girls to an unbelievably large extent.