Chapter II: What Anniversary!?

Ben did not know how Alyssa could stand all of her advanced classes. He felt like his head was going to burst and there would facts and new information all around the room. How the hell did Alyssa take in all this shit and be smiling at the end of the day!? Every time he closed his eyes he could see big words and numbers. He ran a hand through his hair, being careful not to pull on the gig or loosen it's clip.

"Alyssa.", the teacher called but Ben didn't react.

"Alyssa.", the teacher repeated firmly. Ben looked around the room, his sister wasn't supposed to be here, he never signed up for advanced classes. Suddenly it hit him, the teacher meant him. No wonder the students were staring at him.

"Uh...Yes?", he said in a light tone. The teacher sighed and looked concerned. It had been the third time she had to call Alyssa's name to get her attention.

"Make sure you stay focused.", she said turning around to write on the board. Ben sigher and fought the urge to sink into his seat, Alyssa never did that.

"Okay ka lang ba, Ly?", Shanaia, their cousin, asked. Ben turned to face the girl next to him.

"Yeah Shai, I'm fine. Just a little off that's all.", he told her. Maybe it would be a good idea to let her know about the bet. She was in all his classes and she was the only person he actually knew and hadn't need training from Alyssa.

"No kidding, hey parang kamukha si Ben today. Pinagamit ka na naman ba n'ya ng gel?", she asked. Ben swallowed.

"Actually, ako si Ben.", he told her in a whisper. Shanaia looked at him, confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Me and Alyssa switched places for a month."

"ANO!?", Shanaia shouted backing away. Ben flinched as the entire room turned to them.

"May problema ba, Alyssa?", the teacher asked

"Wala po Ma'am. Ly just told me to stop talking too much and I was irritated, I yelled at her.", Shai said hoping neither of them would get in trouble. The teacher give them a look before returning to her lecture. Ben sighed in relief but Shanaia grabbed the collar of his shirt and brought him forward abruptly.

"Bakit di n'yo agad sinabi sa akin?", she whispered through gritted teeth. Ben swallowed.

"Ikaw lang ang nakakaalam, other than me and Alyssa. But you can't tell anyone, alright?", he whispered back. Shanaia let go of his collar and smirked.

"I won't. How'd you guys end up switching places in the first place?", she asked leaning back. Ben fixed his shirt and sighed.

"I made a bet with her.", he replied. Shanaia shook her head knowingly.

"You and your stupid bets, Ben. They even get dumber when you're angry.", she told him. Ben huffed.

"Oh please! Name one other than this?", he shot at her.

"Nakipag pustahan ka dati kay KD to see who could wear a dress better."

"Pumayag s'ya!"

"It was your bet and he won."

Ben huffed in defeat and returned to filling his brain with useless information given to him by the teacher.

---

Alyssa tried not to panic but her already programmed brain told her to. She tried to think what Ben would do if he was being pulled by Sam down the hallways and into some unknown place. She tried to think of the information he had given her, there was nothing that he said about being pulled to random places.