애써 외면해본다

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

.

.

To lose hope

.

.

.

.

.

Of this lovesick dream

.

.

.

.

.

»»————- ➴ ————-««

.

.

.

.

.

"Jeongin-ah. Wake up" I heard a soft deep voice, which I recognized as Felix's, calling out to my name. And he was also gently shaking me.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes tiredly. After a few seconds, I reluctantly opened my eyes slowly, so I wouldn't get blinded by the bright sunlight. When I got used to the brightness, I sat up on the couch and felt a slight pain on my back. I hissed and placed my hand on my lower back.

"I'm never sleeping on this couch ever again" I chuckled dryly as Felix giggled. The freckled man grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"Come on. Get dressed so we can get some breakfast" said Felix with a smile as he led me upstairs.

When we got there, I saw some spare clothes laid on the bed. A plain white shirt with a pair of dark blue jeans alongside a pair of white sneakers. I quickly got dressed, did my morning hygiene routine to freshen up a little and went back down stairs to meet Hyunjin and Felix having a random conversation.

"Morning guys" I said while slightly waving at them with a small smile on my face.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" Hyunjin replied.

"Alright! Now let's go get some breakfast before I start losing it!" said Felix in a joking voice.

Both me and Hyunjin chuckled at Felix's statement as we went out the door. For the whole way to the cafe, we talked about random thing and laughed at stupid thing we said.When we got there, Felix and Hyunjin sat on the table while I went to take our orders. Only because I lost at rock, paper, scissors.

While I was waiting at the line, I was playing a random game I have on my phone but looking to see if the line moved once every minute. After what felt like an eternity, it was finally my turn to order. I ordered a hot chocolate and pancakes for Felix, waffles and americano for Hyunjin and a simple chocolate cupcake and mocha for me.

Few minutes later, our food was ready and I took them to our table. However, I had to take them one at a time so I wouldn't accidentally drop it. Just as I was about to get my own food from the front counter, I bumped into someone. And somehow we both ended up falling on the floor. At least I wasn't holding anything. But the person's chocolate milk did get on my clothes.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" said the person as they hurriedly got up and went to the table that was next to us.

When I hear their voice, I couldn't help but feel like I know it from somewhere. They quickly got back to where I was and handed me some napkins.

"Thanks" I said as I took the napkins and finally looked at the person. I felt my eyes widen in surprise and realisation, now knowing why his voice was so familiar. And I saw that he had the exact same reaction I had. For a few moments, all we did was stare at each other in shock. Until I finally was able to speak again.