Making Friends

I'M NOT DEAD Y'ALL, HAHAHA

My best friend would not stop pestering me about this so here ya go

(F/b) = favorite band
_________________________________________________

The next day came and all of the furniture had yet to arrive. You sat up in your sleeping bag of a bed and stretched as you yawned tiredly. As much as you wanted to sleep more, you really wanted to try out the diner you saw yesterday for lunch. You got up out of your sleeping bag and went over to your suitcase to pick an outfit for the day. You decided on a (f/b) t-shirt with some fitting jeans and blue socks. You quickly put on your clothing of choice before walking out of your room and towards the kitchen.

"Morning, mom." You say, still tired.

"Morning, dear, how'd you sleep?" She asked.

"Eh, if I had my mattress my back wouldn't be hurting as much."

"The mover said they'll be here with the furniture in a few days, don't you worry."

"Heh, I'll try not to."

Just then, the idea of going to the diner you saw yesterday came to mind.

"Hey, mom. I saw this diner on the way in yesterday and thought we could go there for lunch." You said.

"Sure, we can! Did you catch the name?" She asked.

"Yeah, I think it's something called, Dexter's Diner."

"Alright, let's wait until a bit after eleven to go okay?"

"Okay. I'm heading to the park nearby, you want to come with?"

"You go and have fun, I'll meet you there."

You smiled and went over to your mom then hugged her. It was brief but it was enjoyable. You pulled back and smiled at her again before heading for the door. Before heading out, you grabbed your guitar case that was conveniently near the door. You stepped out of the house and closed the door before walking down the street towards the park. You hoped your friends were there so you could hang out with them.

You passed a few locals and they waved at you, smiling. You waved back as you smiled and continued your path to the park. You decided you would play a bit of your guitar if your new friends weren't there yet. You began to think of what to play and immediately decided on a song you knew from middle school. You saw the entrance to the park and took deep breaths. For some reason, you started to grow nervous as you approached the entrance. Maybe it was the fact the you were about to practice in a public area.

You walked passed the entrance and headed over to the same bench you sat at yesterday as you glanced around the park. There were kids playing on the playground like last time except there wasn't a group of teens. You set down the guitar case and took out the guitar as you took a few deep breaths. You sat it in your lap and tuned it before relaxing. You grabbed a pick before closing your eyes, taking in some fresh air. Then you started to play, singing along.

(Starset - Point Of No Return[Acoustic])

There's a memory of how we used to be
That I can see through the flames
I am hypnotized as I fantasize
Forgetting lies and pain
But I can't go back

The ashes call my name

Pouring the fuel, fanning the flames
Breaking the habit and melting the chains
Embracing the fear, chasing the fight
The glow of the fire will light up the night
The bridges are burning, the heat's on my face
Making the past an unreachable place
Pouring the fuel, fanning the flames
I know, this is the point of no return