Chapter 7- dinner time

Start from the beginning

Isabella felt bad, all Kyler was doing was wasting his time and it pissed her off.
"You know, why don't we see if we can find Kyler something he can eat. Sam, you wanna help me in the kitchen?" Amanda asked, Sam quickly nodded, following her mother, while Bella excused herself to the bathroom, which meant leaving Kyler and Daniel alone.

Daniel exhald as he sat down in his seat. Kyler rubbed his neck awkwardly, before turning to the older man.

"Thank you for inviting me over, mr. LaRusso. Um, you have a really great house. And I think Sam is really cool too." Kyler told hoping to impress Daniel.
He knew he screwed up over with the sushi but he hoped that Bella or Cherry as he calls her didn't tell him about the fight.
But then again he knew he could've just made something up and say that she attacked him.

"Well, thanks, she takes after her mother. And listen I never liked sushi when I was your age either, it wasn't until I met a good friend of mine that it began to grow on me." Daniel reassured. But all Kyler did was nod, acting like he cared about anything that Daniel was saying.

"he was from Okinawa. where are your parents from?" Kyler blinked awkwardly, "Irvine, I think." He sounded unsurely as he answered.
Really all Daniel could do is nod, besides he did feel very awkward.
"Irvine. Right." He chuckled awkwardly along with an awkward silence appearing making Daniel wish someone could come back into the kitchen.

Daniel glanced at the boy and noticed his bruise, quickly remembering his conversation that he had with Bella.

"So tell me about that shiner you got there." He said, pointing at the faded bruise.
Kyle brought his hand up to his eye, "oh, this. Uh this is from Wrestling." He lied but Daniel noticing his bruised knuckles, didn't believe him.

"You know, I dodged the wrong way and I caught an elbow. it's stupid." Kyler laughed awkwardly.

"Is that how you hurt your hand too?" Daniel asked with an amuse smile. Kyler looked at his hands before putting them in his lap, embarrassed. "Its ok. I was in my share of fights back in high school." Daniel told.

"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Come on Kyler, I know High school kids can be rough."

"No, it wasn't a kid, well, there was one kid." Kyler stated, coming up with a lie in his head.
"So there was a fight."

Kyler let out of grunt of defeat.
"Is there something going on at home?" Daniel asked worriedly, hoping that Isabella's fight and kylers fight weren't the same fight.

"Oh, no, no. Ok.. just.. some guy and a girl at a mini-mart, they just jumped me and my friends." Kyler answers slowly as he continues to make up a lie.

Daniel looked at him, and confusion consumed his face. "What." He questioned.
"Yeah, we were just at the store trying to get.. some protein bars and yeah.. some homeless looking guy and random teenage girl started giving us a hard time. And next thing we know they start busting out some karate."

"Karate?" Daniel asked.
At this point Isabella was heading back to the dining room, "wait, wait, wait a minute. What mini-mart was this?" Daniel asked as Isabella walked into the room looking down at her phone.
Kyler soon looked up at Bella with a smirk on his face as he answered, "Reseda mini-mart."

Isabella's head snapped up to see Daniel already looking at her, she quickly turned to Kyler and glared at his cocky expression that he held on his face.
"Bella, come with me. We're going on a field trip." Daniel said getting up and storming outside.