Chapter 1 - An immoral offer

Even at a young age, Yibo knew he didn't want to work in an office later on like his dad or sit behind the cash register at the supermarket all day like his mom. He didn't know what he wanted to do, but definitely not that.

As a boy at the age of maybe 10, he discovered his passion for dancing and could see himself doing it for a living once he grew up. But his parents were anything but enthusiastic about this dream and hoped that someday he would come to his senses.

But instead of developing new dreams, his desire to become a famous dancer only solidified. The only problem was that his family had no money to support him. He would have liked to go to an adequate school to learn it properly from the beginning. But money has always been limited in the Wang household, so Yibo had to teach himself everything.

When he finished school and reached the age of 18, his parents could not send him to a university because of the poor financial situation. Instead, like his big brother, he was pushed out of the nest and had to fend for himself from then on. They only gave him enough time to find a job and an apartment, then he had to leave.

Yibo, however, had never blamed his parents for that. He knew they couldn't help it. Money had always been scarce, no matter how hard Yibo's parents had tried, and there had also never been enough for more than a two-room apartment. His parents slept in the living room and he and his brother slept in the only bedroom.

Moreover, Yibo's parents got into debt and hoped that if their sons did not live at home, the debt collectors would at least leave them alone. And for two years, that worked out. But then Yibo's father lost his job and they could no longer pay the installments on their debts, and as a result the debt collectors turned to Yibo and his brother as well.

His brother did not earn much money either as an assistant at a dentist. Nevertheless, he gave a small part of his money every month to pay the debts. At that time, Yibo only kept his head above water with odd jobs, because he never held out for long at any company. Therefore, he could not help his family financially.

In order to be able to help his parents in some way after all, an offer from an escort service agency was quite welcome to him. They offered him money to accompany lonely women for an evening. And after some back and forth, Yibo decided to accept the offer. He started to work there as a male escort and helped his parents with their debts.

For two years he worked for this escort service, before he withdrew from the agency and started his own business. This way he could earn even more money. Because no matter how many evenings a week he accompanied lonely women, in the end the money was not enough to cover the expenses. Because the agency took a large part of his earnings for the arrangement of customers.

After Yibo went into business for himself, he earned more money. But after all the expenses and the installments for his parents' debts, he still didn't have much money left over. It was always just enough to cover his living expenses. Fortunately for him, he shared an apartment with his best friend Seungyoun, which meant he only had to pay half the rent for the three-room apartment.

Still, Yibo wished he could earn more money. But he was already going out with lonely women every night and could not offer more escorts. Every now and then, the women would give him a little more money if he entertained them particularly well with his dancing.

But while he was happy to be able to earn money with his hobby and to be booked every day, his girlfriend Emily doesn't like it at all. She is very jealous of these women and kept asking Yibo to ask for more money in exchange for not working on the weekends and spending time with her instead of these lonely horny women, as she called them.

But Yibo's female clients are not rich and would immediately book someone else if he would raise his prices. After all, there are more male escorts, with a talent for dancing, like him. He is not the only one. And then there are the escort agencies with their professional escorts, which Yibo can't compete with.