27 | Masculine Toxicity

Start from the beginning

"Robby." we both here and I start clearing my throat awkwardly. 

well that's awkward. 

"of course." Robby says putting the pack of Oreos down.

"this'll only take a minute." dad says as I stand behind robby.

"I can save you that minute. you're here because you realized you're training a bunch of wimps and you need a male champion." Robby says and I look at him with an eyebrow raised.

I still haven't confronted him about what he did to Hawk or Eli or whatever his name is now, anyhoo, I don't like this new arrogance Robby possesses. 

"let me guess, your sales pitch is, 'I'm here to rescue you. this isn't who you are, Robby. I can help.' blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."

"I've said all that before. it's time to break the pattern. I heard what you did to Eli." dad says.

"I just gave him what he deserved." Robby says and I take a step back.

"I'm not here to judge you." dad says, "I'm here to tell you what's gonna happen to you next. Terry Silver popped up out of the blue, right? he did the same thing to me. he'll seem decent enough, show you a few moves and then he'll worm his way in. and chip away at you. and push you past your limits." 

the front door opens and the bell rings, "you'll become stronger than you thought possible but Silver won't stop there. okay?" I stop listening. 

Terry Silver behind dad, watching him as he talks to Robby, as he tries to convince Robby to come back. 

"he's not interested, Mr LaRusso." Terry interrupts, my phone starts ringing, "new equipment just got in. why don't you go check it out?" he adds looking at Robby. 

Robby grabs my hand and we walk away, I'm holding my phone. the same number as this morning. the prison number. 

"who is it?" Robby asks me.

"unknown number." I say ignoring the call and putting my phone in my pocket.

"so about what you did to Eli?" I ask standing in front of Robby.

"I just gave him what he deserved okay?" he says.

"so you're gonna give me the same bullshit you gave my dad?" I say a little annoyed.

"look, he betrayed Cobra Kai he had it coming. and don't forget when I joined at first he always talked a big game." he says.

"so what? you thought, oh let's cut his hair?!" I say confused.

"well we're not allowed to fight." he says.

"you know what, I'm- I'm gonna go to the skate park." I don't have the energy to deal with this right now. 

"I'll join you in a bit, I'll just check out the new equipment." he says and grabs my arm, "We're good right?"

"yeah, yeah of course, I just I mean at least no one was physically injured." I say smiling. 

he smiles and pecks my lips before walking inside. 

+

I get back home to find dad waiting for me. 

"great." I sigh.

"this is it Sofia, they've changed the rules of the All valley, there'll be an all girl division now." he says.

"yeah I know, Robby told me." I say carelessly.

"you need to make your choice." he says.

"who says I even want to join any of them karate team?" I say confused.