1. FIRST IMPRESSION.

Start from the beginning

"Today, you aren't wearing those old granny dresses that always look like they've been pulled out of the attic. Your stylist bestfriend is here and I'm going to bring out the sophistication and elegance in you." Viola looks through my closet as I munch on the last bit of eclair I'm having for breakfast.

My parents are really good bakers and i am addicted to every pastry they make.

The only thing I know how to bake very well are cinnamon rolls. My dad taught me how to bake them so many years ago when I was only twelve years old and upto now, I really enjoy it.

"Let's hurry up, I don't want to be late." I mumble with the food in my mouth and Viola glances at me, sighing heavily.

"You shouldn't talk with food in your mouth, how are you going to survive working in such a prestigious company if this is how you behave. You have to be classy. It's all about class and glam." She chirps dramatically.

"My dear Paloma, believe in the power of clothing."

"I am going to be a secretary not a model." I point out helping her choose a dress for me. I rarely wear dresses.

"What you wear really matters. It does because it can transform the way you feel, carry out yourself and elevate your confidence." Viola elaborates as we look through my piles of clothes. She has a really good fashion sense and always dresses so stunningly to perfection.

This is going to be a big challenge because I always order for clothes two times larger than I need them.

We settle on a white double breasted blazer dress that fits me really well. Viola helps me do my makeup, using a blend of warm eye shadows on my eyes complete with liners, making my eyes stand out. After straightening my messy hair, I put on the dress with the black pumps she brought for me. I mostly own flats.

"I am going to have to teach you how to walk on heels." She walks so elegantly infront of me with her purple heels, showing me how to do it.

"Paloma you need me, what would you do without me. You look divine." Viola smiles hugging me and I stand infront of the mirror satisfied with my final look. We leave my room passing by the bakery and waving goodbye to my parents who wish me luck. I'm going to need it since this is one of the most important days of my life.

Viola drops me off at the Valentino company in her black Mercedes that she bought herself after saving enough money for it.

Since I've been investing all my savings in my small boutique, I haven't bought a car so I always use hers, my parents', take a taxi or the bus.

"Good luck. If you come across hot and sexy men, tell me all about it when you get back. I'm single and searching." Viola says hugging me and wishing me luck too.

"You had a man in your house though, last night when I came over." I mention and she laughs her cute and obnoxious laugh.

"We aren't dating. What we have going on is just sex. We stayed up all night baby." She gushes mischievously and i laugh waving her off as she gets back in the car, driving off.

I stand infront of the skyscraper, my heart racing. I'm finally here.

Taking a deep breath and calming my mind, I pass the valet attendant and open the huge doors walking in. The lobby is really huge with modern french interior design giving off an elegant and noble feeling. Everybody walking around is dressed formally, all elegant and classy. I keep my chin up and head high so nobody notices how nervous I am.

Checking my watch, I see I'm ten minutes early. Thank heavens, I thought I was late.

Walking carefully in the black pumps I have on, I stand infront of the elevator pressing the call button and waiting for it to open. "That's the boss's private elevator." Someone says to me while passing by.

I move away awkwardly taking another elevator to the 46th floor. The Boss has his own private elevator?

The elevator stops, the doors sliding open and i walk out checking myself one more time and straightening my blazer dress. Breath is good, nothing on the teeth.

People walk past me busy making phone calls and having heated conversations, files and documents cradled in hand. All this is making me more nervous, I clutch my handbag tightly as I walk to the secretary's desk.

With a blue Dior bodycon dress on, her hair neatly styled, she looks up smiling warmly at me. "Hello, how can I help you?"

"Hello, I'm suppose to start working here today. I'm Paloma Jacks."

"Give me a minute." She looks back at her macbook tapping on it before picking the office phone making a call.

After talking on the phone, she puts it back and looks my way again. "Miss Paloma, i know you were called in for a secretarial job. As of now, the boss urgently needs a personal assistant. You can fill in for that position only for this month until we recruit a new personal assistant. Your salary for the month will also be increased. We know this is an inconvenience on your part but please just bear with us."

A personal assistant's job isn't that different from a secretary's job. Except now I'll have to follow the boss around. It's only for a month anyway so I might just consider it.

"Ok, it's fine." I say and she smiles.

"Just go in through that door." She points at a door and i thank her before walking to it.

Knocking, the door opens and I walk in seeing a man in a well fitted grey tailored suit standing behind the huge hardwood executive desk, facing the floor to ceiling windows. He seems to be arguing with someone on the phone, his deep raspy voice vibrating in the spacious office.

Hanging up, he turns around facing me and I nearly choke on air, the words I wanted to say long gone. I'm face to face with the most handsome, gorgeous and stunning man I've ever seen. With his fierce green eyes, charcoal black hair, light stubble, strong jaw, facial features so prominent and masculine, really broad shoulders underneath the grey suit hugging his body and a height over six feet. Everything about him screams power, authority and professionalism.

Then I see his name on the desk name plate. Jay Valentino.

I'm the personal assistant of the CEO of Valentino corporations!. I already fill under so much pressure even though I haven't been asked to do anything yet.

The secretary brings in my file and Mr. Jay flips through it while glancing at me with shimmering eyes. "Paloma Jacks." He calls out my name, his voice so mature and melliflous. I take in a sharp intake of breath. That voice, that damn voice.

"You applied as a secretary. I need a personal assistant because the former one recently got promoted to a new position. It has been brought to my attention that you will be filling in until a new personal assistant is hired as quickly as possible. Are you sure you can handle it?" Mr. Jay asks softly, his keen eyes on me.

He can tell I'm not calm and still abit nervous.

"Yes I can handle it." I answer with certainty and he nods going back to flipping through the file.

"I only have one question for you and I need an honest and truthful answer." Mr. Jay says sternly, getting up and walking over to where I am, my file in his hand. He stands infront of me and I look up at his towering and tall frame, meeting his eyes. "Do you know how to keep time and work according to the schedule. Time is of the essence to me and I want to work with someone who fully understands that."

Aware of his watchful gaze on me I take a step back, trying to hold my composure. "I know how to keep time."

This is going to be a bit of a challenge but I don't mind. I like challenging myself.

"Mrs. Smith will get you acquainted. She is the secretary you found right outside. You can leave now." He dismisses me and goes back to making another call as I leave his office.

I guess my first day at work has started well.

I don't know why but the glow in Mr. Jay's eyes remind me of a bubbly little boy's eyes i met earlier today. Or maybe i am wrong and just overthinking as usual.