𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

akaza gritted his teeth in anger before penetrating the blade with full force causing it to break into pieces.

"shitty brat, i know your face. next time we meet, i'm spilling your brains out!"

✰★✰

in the butterfly estate where the demon hunters were resting, a certain yellow-haired boy is walking through the hallways and his mind clouded with restless thoughts revolving around y/n.

his mind wandering about the scenes where he was unconscious instead of helping his other friends. he felt utterly useless, he wanted to reverse back the time and actually become useful for once.

when he heard the news about y/n, he cried and blamed himself for not being awake when that happened. he thought that maybe if he was awake then he would have jumped in the fight, protecting y/n at all cost.

even tanjiro is feeling down and sometimes he thinks about how he might just be useless.

zenitsu thought as he continued his way towards the kitchen where he'd secretly bring tanjiro food to cheer him up. he wanted to repay the guilt that's been bubbling inside his stomach, although y/n is not dead, he still felt guilty and useless.

even inosuke cried his heart out. it probably just sucked a lot, and you can't change your thought pattern quickly since we're humans.

he thought about inosuke, seeing him cry that much. inosuke was wailing his lungs out even when carried by the kakushis, he's genuinely concerned for the burgundy female.

no matter how strong a person is, they feel pain and they feel sad. but we can't keep cowering forever. so we just strike our wounded hearts again and again, then stand back up.

"tanjiro!"

"i got some buns so let's eat!"

smiled zenitsu as he appeared in front of the opened door.

but unfortunately for him tanjiro was nowhere to be seen. zenitsu immediately took action as he tried looking around the room, and peeping through small spaces as he thought tanjiro must have been in hiding.

"GAHHH WHERE IS THAT BOY!"

zenitsu grumbled to himself as he stared at the plate full of buns, he pouted to himself before running off to inosuke who he knew would appreciate the buns.

away from the butterfly estate, tanjiro's in a room where he have not seen before. it's his first time in the flame pillar's estate, and to say the least, he expected not much of it, but the estate radiates a home atmosphere that made him want to stay longer.

"kamado boy, this is a book that i've took just a while ago when i visited my family's household. i'm sure your questions would be answered once you read this."

tanjiro looked up and saw rengoku towering over him, he gaze upon the book before taking hold of it.

"thank you rengoku-san." tanjiro muttered which rengoku immediately replied with a loud 'no problem'.

opening to skim through the pages, tanjiro's eyes widened in disbelief as he stared at the book's pages that were now torn into pieces. rengoku noticed the change of expression, and so he leaned forward to look before his eyes turned wide.