Chapter Ten, Heavy Dreams

Start bij het begin

He didn't understand why though...

They were just someone who helped him, right?

He has no reason to feel like this, but he does.

He looked back at them, they looked at him too, their cheeks having a strange deeper tint than usual.

"You know, Cubic... I-I like being around you." They smiled, looking away from him.

"But... why?" He stared, now a little confused.

"I just do..." they smiled, leaning over and resting their head on his shoulder.

He stared at them, not understanding why. They yawned and closed their eyes, a soft look on their face. They just looked so... peaceful...

He felt his face heat up more as he looked away. They were just... so nice to him. Being around them always made his chest feel strange, he never knew why.

He's never felt like this around any other shape before...

He pulled them a little closer, closing his eyes.

It became so... peaceful.

He felt happy, but not in a way he ever did before.

He liked it.

But, something wasn't right...

It became cold again, why couldn't he feel them anymore?

He opened his eyes, somewhere else now.

In the dark again...

Cubic looked around desperately, looking for Y/N.

He didn't want to lose them...

He stood there in the darkness, a light coming from behind him. He turned, staring. Something floated in front of him. A mass of pink and black swirling and combining. He backed up, it's one black and pink eye staring at him. He thought he could see a smile in its form, but he couldn't really tell. It was too messed up to know.

It seemed to get closer, a voice resonating from the oddly familiar creature.

"We both know what you need to do now, Cubic..." it said, its voice sounding like a mass of multiple, all speaking over one another.

He backed up a bit more, trying to summon his weapon. The thing seemed to smile at him.

"Attacking me won't change it. It's in your blood."

He stared at the thing, hiding his fear "What are you even talking about?" He yelled out.

He turned for a second, the feeling of being watched flooding over him.

And right behind him was Y/N, standing there, unaware of the situation at hand.

He stared for a second before feeling the creature get closer, he turned, the thing now in his face.

"We both know you need to do it to survive. If you don't, well..." Its large eye looked away as its smile grew.

He stared, realization setting in "I- No! I won't do it!" He yelled out.

"Cubic, even I know that you need to. It's for your own survival."

"T-They're the only one I care about! I can't just-"

"You silly! Of course you can! You just won't let yourself... Am I right?"

He backed up, fear in his eyes. The creature reached out with its watery hand, touching his shoulder.

He pulled away, taking a few steps back. He turned, looking at Y/N. They stood there, now closer. He stared for a second, their face blurred out. He reached out, grabbing their shoulder.

All he could see was their smile as his touch corrupted them, before they faded out into the darkness.

He fell to the ground, somewhat in shock.

Then, tear marks from his other eye.

He held his face a little, the only shape he never wanted to hurt corrupted. The creature now behind him.

It got close, right next to the side of his head.

"You know, Cubic, you need to make a decision... remember, Dub's counting on you." It grinned before fading into the darkness.

He sat there, all alone.

He didn't want to be.

Did- did any of this really happen?

He felt his tears become heavier as he curled up onto the cold floor.

A part of him hoped Y/N was okay. He didn't want this to be real...

That's when everything started to become a blur for him. Everything starting to blend together, mixing and fading.

And It all went black...