Chapter Forty-Nine.

Start from the beginning

"No you don't," Theodore said.

"No she doesn't," Mattheo said, shaking his head.

"I do very much!" (Y/n) insisted. The Slytherins shook their heads in disbelief, continuing with their meals.

"You'll wear my jacket, won't you?" Cassius requested.

"And your number," (Y/n) added, beaming as she showed up his Quidditch number written on the back of her hand. Cassius beamed, giving the girl his letterman jacket from the Slytherin Quidditch team the previous year.

As the enchanted ceiling overhead began to fade from blue to a dusky purple, Dumbledore rose to his feet at the staff table, and silence fell.
"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes' time, I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch field for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman down to the stadium now?"
Cassius got up. The Slytherins all along the table were applauding him; (Y/n), Merula, and the fourth years all wished him good luck, and he headed off out of the Great Hall with Harry, Fleur, and Viktor.
They walked to the Quidditch field, which was now completely unrecognizable. A twenty-foot-high hedge ran all the way around the edge of it. There was a gap right in front of them: the entrance to the vast maze. The passage beyond it looked dark and creepy.
Five minutes later, the stands had begun to fill; the air was full of excited voices and the rumbling of feet as the hundreds of students filed into their seats. The sky was a deep, clear blue now, and the first stars were starting to appear. Hagrid, Professor Moody, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Flitwick came walking into the stadium and approached Bagman and the champions. They were wearing large, red, luminous stars on their hats, all except Hagrid, who had his on the back of his moleskin vest.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Ludo Bagman announced, "the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each— Mr. Cassius Warrington and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts school!" The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second place, with eighty points— Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place— Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"
Harry could just make out his parents, Molly, Bill, Ron, Hermione, and some of his parents' friends applauding Fleur politely, sitting right behind a cheering (Y/n). He waved at them, and they waved back, beaming at him.
"So... on my whistle, Harry and Cassius!" said Bagman. "Three— two— one—"
He gave a short blast on his whistle, and Harry and Cassius hurried forward into the maze. Around thirty seconds passed before Bagman blew the whistle again and then once more for Fleur.

"Are you even supporting anyone?" Blair Blues asked (Y/n), rocking her baby up and down. (Y/n) was pacing back and forth on the ground from her front-row seat.

"Nope," (Y/n) answered, anxiously staring up at the four screens that displayed separate champions. "How long has it been? How long will this take? There's nothing dangerous in there, is there?"

"Oh my— Sit down and relax," Merula huffed. "It's barely been two minutes."

"Oh, I'm just jittering with nerves! I can't take it," (Y/n) exclaimed. She yelped as Merula abruptly pulled her back into her seat. (Y/n)'s legs began to rapidly bounce and she continuously was pulling at her hair tie only to let it snap right back against her wrist. Merula's eye was twitching in annoyance, now very regretful that she had chosen to sit beside (Y/n).

"Stop that!" Cho, who secured the spot on (Y/n)'s other side, scolded. She snatched up (Y/n)'s wrist and removed the hair tie. This, however, did not help. If (Y/n) was fiddling with one of her necklaces, she was lightly pinching up and down her arms. "Okay—" Cho clapped her hands. "Hermione, save my seat, won't you?" Hermione hummed in confirmation from the seat above Cho, her eyes on Harry's projection. When Cho rose from her seat, Hermione kicked her legs out and reserved Cho's seat with her legs. "I'll be right back," Cho said, heading for the castle.
(Y/n) peered after her curiously.