2.2| knockturn alley and gilderoy lockhart

Start from the beginning

"Ah, the Hand of Glory!" said Mr Borgin, abandoning Mr Malfoy's list and scurrying over to Draco. "Insert a candle and it gives light only to the holder! Best friend of thieves and plunderers! Your son has fine taste, sir"

"I hope my son will amount to more than a thief or a plunderer, Borgin" said Mr Malfoy coldly, and Mr. Borgin said quickly.

"No offense, sir, no offense meant—"

"Though if his grades don't pick up" said Mr. Malfoy, more coldly still, "that may indeed be all he is fit for—"

"It's not my fault" retorted Draco. "The teachers all have favorites, Alexandria Black and that Hermione Granger—"

"I would have thought you'd be ashamed that two girls beat you in every exam" snapped Mr Malfoy. "One of the girls, being a blood traitor and the other a mudbl—muggleborn. Even Cepheus, that cousin of yours is way ahead of you" be snarled. "I am in something of a hurry, Borgin, I have important business elsewhere today—" They started to haggle. Harry watched nervously as Draco drew nearer and nearer to his hiding place, examining the objects for sale. Alex grabbed Harry's hand. Draco turned away and saw the cabinet right in front of him. He walked forward—he stretched out his hand for the handle—Alex and Harry shared a worried look, both of them held their breath tightly. Just as Draco's hand met with the handle—

"Done" said Mr. Malfoy at the counter. "Come, Draco—"

Alex and Harry sighed in relief and watched as Draco made his way back to his father, still looking at the cabinet.

"Good day to you, Mr Borgin. I'll expect you at the manor tomorrow to pick up the goods" Muttering darkly, Mr Borgin disappeared into a back room.

Alex opened the cabinet door and sighed in relief. "His father is just as big of a jerk as him" She said as the two of them stumbled in the dark alley way. They looked around trying to find an exist.

"Not lost are you, my dear?" said a voice near their ear, making them jump. An aged witch stood in front of them, holding a tray of what looked horribly like whole human fingernails. She leered at them, showing mossy teeth. Both of them backed away. Alex got a hold of Harry's wrist.

"No" she said. "We're not, thankyou" she said, pushing Harry behind her defensively. She gazed at Harry and he nodded. Both of them sprinted up the alley away, looking back to see if the woman is not following them they bumped into someone.

"Ow!" Alex said rubbing her elbow. She looked up and saw Hagrid, she sighed in relief.

"Alex, 'arry What d'yeh think yer doin' down there?" he asked them as they got up.

"Hagrid!" Harry croaked in relief. "we were lost—Floo powder—"

"Skulkin' around Knockturn Alley, I dunno dodgy place, don' want no one ter see yeh two down there—"

"We realized that" Alex said. "what were you doing down there, anyway?"

"I was lookin' fer a Flesh-Eatin' Slug Repellent" growled Hagrid. "They're ruinin' the school cabbages. Ya two not on yer own?" the two of them shook their heads.

"We're here with the Weasleys" Alex said.

"But we got seprated" Harry said and Hagrid started guiding them to diagon Alley.

"Alex! Harry! Over here!" Alex looked up and saw Hermione Granger standing at the top of the flight of steps to Flourish and Blotts She ran down to meet them, her bushy brown hair flying behind her. "Oh it's wonderful to see you two!" He said as they reached her.

"It's wonderful to see you too" Alex said, hugging her.

"Let's go inside" Hermione said. "Mrs Weasley has been worried over the two of you! Where'd you ended up anyway?"