"Like... the talking and... connecting."

This is not making sense to him, last time you saw each other was in class and you were your usual self, but now... it's like you're trying to keep him at an arm's distance for some reason, but he has no idea why.

"Y/N, what are you talking about?" he breathes out, panic rising in his guts.

"No, what are we doing?" you snap back and he sees how you spin around angrily. "I just..."

"Talk to me, please! Because I really don't know where this is heading and it's stressing me out."

"That's the thing, where is this heading, Harry? What is this exactly?"

"Is that what's bothering you? That there's no label on it?"

"Honest to God, I have no idea what's bothering me exactly," you admit. "It's all just a mess in my head."

"But what messed it up? You seemed alright just yesterday, did something happen?"

You hesitate and he fights the urge to just walk over to you and talk in person. It would look creepy though if he just appeared and talking so openly is not a bright idea either around here.

"Maybe... we should talk things out," you offer and though it's not an answer to his question, it's still something he can work with.

"Yes, of course. Are you free right now?" he asks, his heart hammering in his chest as he stares at your figure in the distance. You glance up at the building and then turning around you start walking away, his heart sinking.

"No, not really. But I can drop by your office tomorrow late afternoon."

"Alright, sure. If you want, you can spend tomorrow night at my place too, we can extend your stay," he says, as you walk out of his sight.

"I'm not sure about that. But I have to go now."

"Okay, take care."

"You too. Bye."

The line goes dead before he could look at the screen.

Keeping yourself away from Harry is like staying away from chocolate when you're on diet

Keeping yourself away from Harry is like staying away from chocolate when you're on diet. Torturous.

It's not what you want, but you figured it's what you need. Jealousy has been eating you away since you heard him and Professor Alvarez in his office and you know it's immature not to talk to him, but you feel like you need time to think it through before actually having a conversation with him. His phone call surprised you yesterday, especially because you were just in front of the building where his office is, contemplating to see if he is there. Hearing his voice almost broke your tough act, you wanted nothing else than to throw yourself into his arms, but you need to be rational now.

You can't jump into this head first if he is not even on the same page as you. You're aware you never agreed that this would be something exclusive, that neither of you will be seeing other people, but it felt like you had a silent agreement.