Chapter 41: Love Conquers All

Bắt đầu từ đầu

When Raghav got to the boutique, he saw from outside the door that Pallavi was talking with a couple women about something and Vikram was no where to be seen. Thank god, Raghav thought, at least he wouldn't have to deal with that snotty jerk today.

He walked in, "Pallavi, where have you been, I've just spent the day searching all of Hyderabad for you!"

Pallavi looked up, and then whispered to the women, and they left to do some other work, "Raghav, don't exaggerate, of course I'd be either here or at the saree shop. But, why are you looking for me? You don't have some lame excuse to get out of this function this afternoon, right?" She was frustrated.

"Why do you always doubt me? You shouldn't be so mean to your husband you know, especially when you don't have the strength to fight." Raghav said, lovingly, and then placed the tupperware on the table in front of her.

"What's this?" Pallavi said, "Raghav, you know I'm fasting today, and instead of supporting me, you're going to tease me with food because of some stupid bet?"

Raghav responded, "Are you crazy, forget the bet, and more importantly forget this fast." He walked closer to her, and took her hand, "You don't need to fast for me to tell you that I'm not planning on dying or leaving you, ever. So, forget this, you've been running around all morning, and I know you made this breakfast when Amma told you not to cook, so eat."

Pallavi smiled, he was so concerned it was sweet. "Raghav, I'm perfectly fine, and if I don't eat for a bit longer nothing is going to happen to me, I promise—"

Raghav groaned, "Ok, you're not going to agree like this, then fine, I'll have to feed you, you and your zid—" He started to open the boxes when Pallavi stopped him.

"It's very sweet that my husband is this concerned about me not eating, but you also need to relax. Raghav, main bilkul teek hun. Ardhamaindha?"

Raghav was still not convinced but he smiled at Pallavi's attempt at Telugu. "Fine, you are the world's most stubborn woman, you know that?"

Pallavi laughed, and kissed him on his cheek, "And you are the world's cutest husband, even if you are a bit whipped."

Raghav gasped theatrically, "Me? Whipped? Mrs. Rao, shayad tum bhool rahi ho, main Hyderabad ki Don hun, sara sheher mujhe dekt kar dar the hain."

Pallavi nodded, "of course of course, how could I forget. And then, Hyderabad ka don, ghar jaata hai, and there he listens to whatever his Amma tells him to do, like a good little boy." She giggled.

Raghav pulled her close by her waist, forgetting that they were in a public place, "If you keep making fun of me, this Don will not be happy."

Pallavi looked up at him, her hands on his chest, smiling mischievously, "Aur tum kya karoge?"

Raghav grinned, and then whispered in her ear, "Main tumhe kaa jaunga, kaccha!" And then mocked biting her cheek while she laughed.

Just then, Pallavi and Raghav heard a voice from behind them, "Ah, looks like the happy couple is having lunch. How are you Raghav?"

Vikram walked to them, Pallavi immediately pulled away from Raghav, and Raghav reluctantly let go of her waist.

"I'm fine, Vikram, and how are you?" Raghav asked.

"Doing great, Pallavi mentioned that today is some pooja, I told her if she was fasting she shouldn't have come in, but I'm glad you've brought her lunch—" Vikram started

Pallavin interrupted, "Raghav and you are exactly alike, why do all men think that women can't handle themselves? Anyway, Raghav, you better eat this, because I bet you didn't eat breakfast. Vikram, I'm gonna go back to meeting with the marketing team, they're waiting for me." Pallavi went back to the women she was talking to before, leaving Raghav and Vikram alone and out of earshot of her.