Prolouge

3RD POV

Tanjiro Kamado an 8 year old boy can be seen playing with his siblings and helping his parents do work around the house and it appears that they were living a happy life but that all changed.

When tanjiro told his father he would go and sell charcoal instead of him as he starts descending the mountain he runs into town and starts selling some charcoal.

As the sun starts to set tanjiro starts walking back but gets stopped by Saburo "Tanjiro are you going home, you should stay and rest you never know if a demon is out there" said Saburo to Tanjiro "it's fine i have a good sense of smell so i think i'll be fine" said tanjiro 'old man saburo has been lonely since his wife died' thought tanjiro "i insist that you stay just to be safe" said saburo "ok i'll stay.

Next day

"All right i'm off" said tanjiro as he waved goodbye to saburo as he starts going back to his house but he got a smell that he never expected to be coming from his house.

The smell of blood

Tanjiro starts running towards his house to find all his family dead his father and mother with his siblings and nezuko, he tries to see if atleast one of them is still alive only to get no pulse when he checks everyone as he screams and cries he hears a sound coming from outside as tanjiro walks outside he sees a man with yellow hair with orange tips at the end of it.

Tanjiro runs towards the man and cries telling him that his family is dead being 8 years old he doesn't care who this person is he just wants to cry on someones shoulder as the man looks up from the crying child he looks inside to see the boys family all dead.

He then looks down at the crying child and tells him "I'm sorry i didn't get here on time kid come on I'll take you with me you do wanna avenge your family from the demon that did this right?" Said the man.

Tanjiro could only nod as he was still crying.

Time Skip to when they get to the Rengoku household

As the man and tanjiro walk in tanjiro realizes that he never asked for the mans name "sir what is your name?" Asked tanjiro "Rengoku Shinjuro that's my name and from this day forward you and my son will be my tsugoku" said the man now known as Rengoku Shinjuro.

As they continue walking the run into Kyojuro and Senjuro training as they realize that their father is walking in they greet him "hello father how are you?" Asked Kyojuro "i am doing just fine son i have brought this boy here to train and to live with us because i was sent on a mission to kill a demon but got there too late and this boy's family was killed so i took it upon myself to take him in and both raise and train him along side you boys" said Shinjuro to his eldest son.

To be continued

529 words