The Wrong Drink || 13

Start from the beginning

aera nods slowly, walking towards him, sending another wave of panic that forces him to step forward and hug her before she spots anything unnecessary, "aw it's alright, let's go back to your room hm?" he says, rubbing her back while making sure his body is blocking her vision to the table.

"yeah, but i wan' water..." she grumbles, with her eyes half close as her hands hold onto the fabric of his thin t-shirt.

"i'll get it, go to your room."

"no... i saw a ghost in my dream, and now i'm scared. i'll sleep with you..." she mumbles, "he was going to eat me and i was crying..."

"i... i'm so sorry," he sighs, being more sorry for himself as another one of drinking events have being successfully ruined. why do kids wake up at the wrong time? the last time aera woke up at midnight he wasn't at home, so she called five times until he answered and having the girl waiting for him to get done consoling his sister that he's just out with his friends and no monster ate him.

he sighs softly, glancing up to the stairs again where taehyung is now standing staring at him with wide eyes and mouth half open in shock. he gulps thickly, slowly making his way towards the youngers and nods at the girl, making jungkook shrug in response, 'why's she up?' he mouths.

'nightmare' jungkook mouths back, making taehyung sigh. 'take the drinks' he gestures over the shoulders.

"water..." aera looks up at jungkook who flinches at the sudden voice and nods, remembering she needed water.

"yeah, you go-"

"no," aera shakes her head, looking less sleepy now. she holds his hand and glances at taehyung, "oh hi, tae oppa. what are you doing? do you want water as well?"

"uh yeah, water... right," taehyung sighs.

"is that coke?" aera peeks from jungkook's side and looks up at him, "why are you having coke at night?"

"n-no, i wanted water as well but-"

"he couldn't find water so he woke me up, and then we ended up drinking coke instead!" taheyung says, smiling bitterly on noticing jungkook giving him a weird look.

"really?" he presses his lips together, feeling the secondhand embarrassment from the lame excuse as taheyung nods, nudging him to play along, "okay, yeah that's what happened."

"can i drink coke too?"

"no, just take the water and go back to sleep."

"whyyyy? you're drinking coke, why not me?" she frowns at him and turns to taehyung who looks away instantly, knowing he won't be able to say no if she pleads him with those shimmering doe eyes and a pout on her tinted lips.

"oppa please?" she shakes taehyung's hand, staring at him with her head tilted at an angle and pouts, "just a little bit? you said i'm your best friend, then why are you not listening to me?"

"just a little bit..." taehyung sighs, earning a look from the younger male who is shaking his head and holding his hands as a cross over his head, telling taehyung to say no. however he stops, gaining his posture back and clears his throat as aera quickly hugs taehyung and glances back at the brother, sticking her tongue out.

"idiot" jungkook mutters, walking over to taehyung who regrets his decision as well, "i'll blame you if the hyungs come to know."

"shut up, you're in this with me." taehyung hisses, grabbing the younger's hand and eyes to play along for as far as this game goes.

"i wish i wasn't." he sighs deeply, watching aera picking up a can of coke and takes a sip, sitting on the kitchen counter quietly, swinging her legs back and forth slowly. then her eyes land on something, past the boys making them turn around following her gaze which is when they gasp realising it's where their drinks are kept.