Chapter 3:Therapy

Start from the beginning

"No, why would it be my fault, it was his choice and I can live with that." Grace lied refusing to tell Leslie what she was really feeling. Leslie could tell that Grace was lying, she worked with people who refused to let others in. She knew how hard it was going to be to break down all the walls Grace had set up over the years, but she wouldn't stop trying not until she opened up even just a little. 

"Okay, well how do you feel about the new kid Bruce took in? Leslie asked changing the subject hoping she can get Grace to open up about this before their session was over. 

"I hate him," Grace said with no hesitation.

"Why is that?" 

"He thinks he can be Robin," Grace said, just thinking about Jason made her furious. 

"Why can't he?" Leslie asked.

"He has no real experience with it." 

"Maybe if you taught him he could actually be Robin," Leslie suggested. 

"And train Dicks replacement? No fucking way." Grace said with pure hate in her voice. 

"Don't think of him as a replacement, think of him as a..." It took Leslie a couple of seconds to figure out the word but when she finally figured it out she said, "an opportunity." Grace rolled her eyes as a response. "Okay hear me out, before it was Dick who controlled everything, he told you what to do and when to do it, correct?" Grace just simply nodded her head. "Now it's your turn to be in charge meaning he has to listen to you." This made Grace a little happier at the thought of being able to finally be in charge. Leslie looked at the clock on the wall and realized that their time was almost up so with that she stood up, Grace following her movements. "That's all the time we have today, but you did okay, I didn't expect you to open up but I hope you will open up to me over time." Grace just nodded and followed Leslie out of the room. Grace gave a quick thank you and a little wave before walking out of the building.

As Grace walked into the parking lot she found that Bruce's car was already parked. Grace soon realized that it was Alfred who picked her up instead of Bruce which actually made her happy considering Alfred and Rue were the only people who she wasn't pissed at. "How did it go?" Alfred asked as Grace go into the car.

"It was terrible, I hated it," Grace said while buckling her seatbelt. Alfred let out a little laugh before starting the car to Wayne Manor. 

*******

"He took in another one," Grace complained to Rue over the phone. The two had been face-timing and after Rue asked "Who was playing the loud music?"  Grace had gone on a little rant about Jason Todd after she asked that.

"He didn't even wait a week," Rue asked in disbelief 

"Yeah I know it's like he found the first fucked up teenager on the streets and was just like, boom that's the new Robin. I mean he could have chosen anyone but him-" 

Before Grace could continue Rue stopped her and asked, "Have you even talked to him yet?" Grace stayed quiet and after a couple of seconds, Rue continued, "Even if Bruce chose someone else you would still despise them the same way. Why don't you try actually talking to him-" 

"No fucking way." Grace interrupted.

"If you would let me finish. As I was saying you don't need to be friends with him, just train him like Bruce asked. I mean who knows, maybe he's better than you think." Rue said. 

"I hate you," Grace told her jokingly 

"You know I'm right." Rue shot back. 

"I still hate you."

"Love you too," Rue said then hung up. 

Grace laid on her bed contemplating whether to talk to Jason or not. After about a minute Grace got up and headed towards Jason's room. She walked up to the door, after a few seconds she got the courage to knock on the door. Grace could hear the music blasting from the room slowly getting quieter. Soon the door swung open and reviled a shocked Jason. 

This was the last thing he expected. Grace Walker was standing in front of him. She was the one who knocked on his door, she wanted to talk to him. "What do you want?" Jason questioned.

"You wanna be Robin?" 

"Fuck yeah," Jason replied with eagerness,

"Okay." 

"Okay? Just like that?" Jason asked suspiciously.

"Training starts tomorrow," Grace said and walked away.

Jason watched the girl leave and thought about the quick conversation. After a few seconds, he just chuckled as he shook his head a little and went back to whatever he was doing in his room. 

AN: This chapter took forever to write and I don't even know why, but anyways I hope you liked it :)