Ch.2 Routine Change

Start from the beginning

"Sorry!" I said keeping my eyes closed.

"Hawa!"

"I know I know!"

" You - ugh I told -you know what never mind." He said taking a step back.

"I'll drop you off. I'm going out with Hamza anyway."

"No it's fine I'll Uber."

"Shut up. They're not paying you to promote them." He said.

"Uh while you're here can you grab my white heels." I said pointing to our closet. He looked at me and shook his head side to side.

"Being 5'3 is a wasteful height. You Cant reach anything I swear." He said grabbing them and crouching down next to me.

"Here I'll buckle them for you loser." He said.

"Thank you my sweet sweet husband." I said sarcastically making him laugh.

"I'm going to change. I'll be down in 5 minutes."

I went down and waited with aunty and Hamza in the living room.

"Mashallah." Aunty said.

"See how pretty my sons wife is." She said making me laugh.

"Why are you laughing? She's not wrong." Hamza said making me laugh even more. Please don't make this awkward. First of all he snitched me out.

"Ok guys have fun please come home early." Aunty said as the three of us headed out.

"Oh God Hawa sit in the front seat I'm good here in the back." Hamza said before I sat in the back.

"Are you sure I'm just getting dropped off-" I said.

"No no I promise I'm good here."

After 20 minutes Taha parked near their house.

"Ok here you are tell them I said happy anniversary or maybe when I come get you I'll drop by." Taha said.

"Okay I will. You two have fun."

"Listen." He said before I shut the door.

"Don't let anyone flirt with you." He said making me laugh as I shut the door.

I went inside and met with Nisa and Ali.

They had a beautiful house. They were both hard working doctors.

I met with some of the girls I knew. Ali did a lovely speech for his wife. It was nice to see them so in love even after these years.

"Your husband didn't come?" Sania asked.

"His friend came from out of the country so he couldn't." I said sighing.

"That's too bad. Aren't you guys high school sweethearts? I've been wanting to see you guys!" Bailey asked.

"We were best friends not sweethearts Bailey." I said laughing.

"Hello hello. I didn't know the librarian was gonna be here." Syed said walking toward us.

"She's here she's here." Bailey said.

"Where's Taha?" Syed asked looking around.

"His friends here. So he couldn't come." I said.

"My my how dare he leave his beautiful wife in the hands of us how are you sweetheart?" He said looking me in the eye like he was in some movie. He was so dramatic.