Chapter 10 : Drunken Love

Ryan's POV

"Come on, Ryan let's play. It's gonna be so much fun!" She screamed in my ears. Drunk Autumn is such a handful.

"I'm all of your drive back home, you forgot?" I protested. "I can't drink."

"You don't have to! Let's just play spin the bottle."

"Yeah same thing. It's do the task or drink."

"Please..." She gave me those irresistible puppy-eyes.

"Fine." I gave in. It's scary how she can control me however she wants, and she doesn't even have to try.

"Yay!" She jumped clapping her hands. I smiled. Drunk Autumn is a handful; but drunk Autumn is also so cute, that the trouble is worth it.

~

The tip of the bottle pointed at Josh and the other side at me. "Truth." He said.

"Tell us about your experience of your first one night stand at the yatch." I said.

"Oh God! Did you have to go there?"

"Yeah go on, go on. You always ignore that topic." Autumn shouted and everyone tagged along.

"Um... but you can't judge me." We all nodded. "So like... we met at the new year's eve party. She told me how she was having trouble with her husband and shit. Long story short, I fell for her because... well because she was beautiful, and awesome, and she was smart. So guess who didn't refuse when she asked to sleep together?" He said looking down. "I should have, because she's married, but who am I kidding again. We all know I didn't care. But in both of our defence, we were both drunk. Not too much to not know what we were doing; not to less to realize that it was wrong; just the right amount. So yeah, I had sex for the first time in my life. That to with a stranger. But I loved it. I loved her. But then the next morning when I woke up she was gone. So yeah..." He completed.

"Aww..." this was definitely Autumn, "Come here you poor thing, lemme give you a hug." Slowly Paula and Ellie joined in too. Me and Daniel shared a look before joining them. Soon it was a group hug just like the old days.

There was a comfortable silence between us as we broke the hug. "You still in love with her?" Daniel asked.

"Hah!" Josh scoffed. "I didn't even find her on Facebook."

"That's not what he asked." I said.

"Well..." He paused thinking. "Let's just say I'd like to meet her again one day."

We all thought it was some crazy story with some crazy chick. There were so many jokes between us that maybe she called him daddy and he freaked, or she found him small or even that maybe it was with a guy. But today I understood that he never told us this, not because he was embarrassed, but because he was hurt. Josh is the kind of guy who would wear his heart on his sleeves.

He is not the kind of guy with insecurities or jealousy. He likes to trust people. And for him to fall for that woman, she had to have something special too. I just wish, he didn't just go and get his heart broken this way. Even though I haven't seen it, but I'm sure he looks her up on Facebook every night and he knows he probably has no chance with her even if he meets her. And I know he never dates anyone because he isn't over her.

"Okay, that's Autumn." said Paula as I noticed the tip of the bottle pointing her.

"Dare!" She screamed.

"I dare you to make out with..." She scanned the room. "Ryan! yes, Ryan."

"What? No!" I said. Not that I didn't want to kiss her. Hell, god knows I want nothing more. But not like this. Not when she's drunk out of her mind and definitely not when we're still just friends.