│ xiii. MY GIRL

Start from the beginning

"Here," Toni smiled, handing Margaret a nice glass of a liquid she hadn't seen — nor smelt — before.

Her nose wrinkled up at the terribly smelling drink. "What the hell is this."

"Hangover juice. Works really well in my opinion." She wiggled her eyebrows. Margaret cringed as the woman chugged it quickly. Instead of doing what Toni had no issue in achieving, Margaret slowly drank it — though it would've been a lot less torturous for her to chug it like Toni had.

No matter how nasty the stuff was, it was as if the fog of the hangover had been wiped off the bathroom mirror. Toni smiled as she watched the woman raise her eyebrows. "Works really well I said, and as always, i was right. Anyway, we have much more important matters to discuss."

Margaret groaned, "Man."

"Stop complaining. You'll have enough of me by the end of the day." As soon as Toni said it, Margaret had a feeling that wouldn't quite be true. "Most people do- anyway, what's the game plan? I don't think you can just spend the rest of your life in this earth. You don't have a birth certificate nor an ID. You were lucky you were hot enough to persuade the bouncer to let you in last night. Though, I can always make you a fake ID. It just won't be... legal."

The brunette rolled her eyes. "As much as I am starting to love this place, I can't stay. My uh- my Spider-Man needs my help. The whole world kinda forgot about his existence. No one in my earth knows he, as his real person, exists. He's just gone. And I'm the only one who remembers him. He needs me, Toni."

"How old is he?" There was sorrow in her voice as she sat next to Margaret.

She looked down at the marble island. "He would've just turned eighteen."

"He's still a teenager?!"

"On my world, yes. But, the Spider-Man on this earth isn't." She breathed out slowly, "Toni, would you perhaps have access to researching certain people? Even those who aren't that- how do I say this without being rude- important in day to day life?"

The woman grinned widely. "Is reputation the best era?" She asked, remembering Margaret's comparison she had made closer to their first meeting.

Margaret nodded slowly. "As much as I am growing to like you. I cant expose Spider-Man's identity. Do you trust me enough to be kept alone with your precious equipment."

Toni looked to the ground for just a second. She hesitated the smallest amount when faced with a question such as that. But, Margaret couldn't exactly blame her. Herself and Toni had just became friends. She didn't expect- "yes."

"Oh damn! Okay- okay show me around." Margaret laughed as Toni grabbed her by the arm.

.🕸.

Margaret's hands ran over the delicate keyboard. Her eyes rested on each individual key with a hesitation in her eyes. This would be a way of prying though all of Peter's personal information just to know where he was.

"Okay Peter Parker..." she whispered into the thin air. "Where are you?"

The large screen illuminated in front of her, showing various articles — mainly of the man's achievements throughout his life. However, one stuck out more than the others: REMEMBERING GWEN STACY.

Her eyebrows furrowed. Her brain began to rack with information. Gwen. Gwen. Gwen was my rock m̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶c̶k̶. He had said. She was the one he hadn't been able to save. He had saved her though. He was the one to save Margaret when she was sure she was going to die. Remembering the fall was something she pitied to do. Because of this, her fingers left the article quickly and instead went to one of Toni's special websites.

PETER BENJAMIN PARKER

sex: male
age: 28
dob: 8/10/96
occupation: freelance photographer ( specializes in Spider-Man, Halo )

Whilst it did require her using the smallest amount of Iversons assistance, Margaret was able to locate his place of residence after only fifteen minutes. She smiled slightly, wiping everything with Peter Parker from the computer — including Iverson's intelligence — before returning to the living room. Toni sat on the couch, popcorn bucket in one arm and the other a tissue. She jumped when she took notice of Margaret. "You scared me! I thought you were gonna take forever and I turned on My Girl and I've already watched it so I know what happens and-
And we'll you know I get a little emotional during these movies..."

Margaret stood in the doorway, "It's a solid movie."

"God, she breaks my heart with the stupid glasses thing everytime." Toni frowned, taking the tissue and wiping beneath her eye. "Anyway, enough talk of this before you see me do my ugly cry. And no one sees me do my ugly cry. Did you find anything?"

̶P̶e̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶G̶w̶e̶n̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶c̶y̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶T̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶T̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶T̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶T̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶N̶a̶t̶a̶s̶h̶a̶ ̶T̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶T̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶T̶o̶n̶y̶.̶ Margaret moved to where she was allowed to sit next to Toni in the couch. "I did. What time is it?"

"Uh-" the woman looked down to her watch face before looking back up. "It is currently 11:36."

Margaret grinned before leaning back on the couch, "Wanna watch My Girl with me and see my ugly cry?"

"I should invest in you or something because you, Margaret June Thompson are the best thing to ever walk this earth." She grinned as she moved to share the blanket with her. "I'm going to be so upset when you go. Boring ol' neurosurgeon MJ will be back."

The brunette furrowed her eyebrows, "boring?"

"MJ is quite literally the most boring person ever. If she wasn't halo, she would be a robot. But, I love her dearly. She's my only friend. Like I said, not many people keep up with me and she makes that clear a lot." Toni admitted, looking down to her hands.

"I seem like a bitch on this earth!"

"Yeah." The woman looked up to Margaret with her eyes glistening. "But, you can't help who you love."

Margaret clinched her jaw, taking the remote from Toni and starting the movie over. "No more of this. It's too depressing. Let's ugly cry together- no talk of love." Margaret told her in a way to brighten the mood. But, she couldn't deny her own ̶R̶i̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶.̶ ̶L̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶R̶i̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶R̶i̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶R̶i̶l̶e̶y heart ached.

But, Margaret could never forget there was someone else to catch her when she fell. And, after My Girl, she would be on the hunt to find him.

ASHLEE SPEAKS!

my plans for this book >>>>