Chapter 2: Synthairia

"Oof!" Moon landed. Moon looked at Mallen. They had landed in the Time world. "I-I'm alive," Mallen said. Mallen and Moon started staring at each other. They were free from the string. "Where are the others?" Moon asked. "They must be in a different world," Mallen said. Moon hugged Mallen. "We're free!" She said. "Or are you?" A voice said. "I know that voice," Moon said. "Abigail." A spirit floated around them. "Yep! My dear friend Em killed me! I thought I was a goner! Then the heavens gave me a second chance in life as a spirit." "Who's Em? And who is this?" Mallen asked. "Before I died....she was my enemy." Moon pointed to Abigail. "So how do you know you're dead? If you can see me!" Abigail asked. Moon and Mallen looked at each other. Uh oh. Moon thought. "Does that mean we're still dead?" Moon asked. "Yes, and I think you're in trouble." She pointed to a girl standing a few feet away from where they were standing. "See that girl? That's Syntharia. She's from the music world. She would whack you with a guitar if she had one." Abigail was talking more directly to Moon now. "Why would she do that?" "Her parents were killed by the last elementlar. Lilac's mother. If she knew you were traveling with Lilac, she would kill you, just to hurt Lilac." "But that won't work, will it? We're already dead." Moon said. "Hmm... are you though? Or are you just spirits, hovering just between life and death, waiting to die?"

Now that freaked them out. Abigail smiled at them. "If you want me to take you to Lilac, I can lead you to her." "No," Moon said. "I don't trust you. And we are alive. We can touch things." Abigail gave a sneer. Synthairia stepped forward. "I wouldn't ignore her if I were you." She said in a misty voice. "I know something you might want to know... what was it? Moon?" Moon slowly nodded. "What do you know?" Moon asked fearfully. "Why should I tell you?" Synthairia asked. "Because she said so," Mallen said protectively. "I'm not afraid of you time girl," Synthairia said to Mallen. "Tell. Me," Moon said. Synthairia smiled. She leaned to her ear and whispered. "You have a sister." Moon stepped back. "Me? A sister?" Moon asked. "Her name is Sun. She had a dog named. What was it? Manca? Yeah, she's really annoying." "W-where is she?" Moon asked. "Back in the Space world. But Em had already taken it over." Abigail said. A portal opened. Scarlett, Blurr, Kaya, and Elvis ran through it. "We can still go back for them," Kaya said. "But we-" "Kaya? You might want to see this." Blurr said pointing at Moon and Abigail. Kaya turned around. "M-Moon?" Kaya asked. Moon nodded. "Okay. who are these people?" Blurr asked, looking at Synthairia and Mallen. "This is Mallen. Of the Time world. She helped me while I was dead. And that is Synthairia. A member of Em's team." Moon said. "I can't believe it's really you! I'm so happy to see your face!" Elvis said. Then he looked at Abigail. "You on the other hand...." Abigail smiled smugly and disappeared. "Where are the others?" Moon said hopefully. Scarlett and Kaya exchanged looks. Blurr put a hand to his heart. Elvis was close to tears. "Sky? Jake? July?" Moon asked. "Well...." Kaya said. "Cortana, Charlie, Sam?" "You see...." Scarlett said. "Keytu? April? Enile?" "It's just..." Elvis said. "Mika? Sammy? Lilac? Is Lilac okay?" "Sammy quit....." Blurr said. "What about Lilac?" Moon said. Synthairia ran away. "She said. What about Lilac?" Mallen said calmly. Elvis had tears running down his cheeks. Kaya ran into Scarlett's arms. Blurr hung his head. "What's wrong?" Moon said. "Lilac.....Lilac got pushed off a cliff." Blurr said. Moon gasped. "W-what are you saying?" Moon asked. "You don't want to know....." Scarlett said. "Yes. I. Do." Moon said. But her head said, "No, I don't." Blurr sighed. "Moon. I'm sorry to say this. But....we all think Lilac is dead."