“And this doesn’t bother you?” she asked, gesturing towards Ivan. “No offense Ivan.”

Rachel laughed. “Please Dawn, we’re scientists. By now you should know that there are millions of galaxies. Those galaxies could have planets that are able to sustain life. So if I’m okay with aliens existing I’m okay with a man turning into a wolf. It doesn’t make him less of a person, in fact he’s stronger, faster, smarter, and has heightened senses. I find shifters pretty remarkable.”

For the first time ever Rachel had Dawn speechless. In an odd way she was right. There were genetically altered animals, cloning, robots that looked like humans, and a Liger. Who knew that would ever happen?

She was so caught up in the oddity of Roman shifting that her brain lost its scientific touch. She focused on the fantasy part of it.

Why was she fighting this so much when it seemed right to be with Roman? From this point on she would give him a chance. If they worked out, great, if not, then no sweat off her back.

“Are you okay Dawn?” asked Roman.

“Yes, I was just taking everything in.”

“Where is James?” asked Roman, changing the subject for Dawn’s benefit.

“Ivan accidently locked him in the basement and broke the nob,” answered Rachel.

Dawn smiled. “Accidently huh? Well he didn’t need to see this anyway. I feel bad but we’ll get him when we’re done.”

“I left food down there,” replied Ivan.

“Jesus!” shouted Dawn, covering her eyes. “Put on some clothes Ivan.”

Rachel dug in her bag and handed Ivan a pair of pants and a long sleeved shirt. He threw them on, not caring that forty men and women had just seen him naked.

“Don’t look so disgusted Dawn,” chuckled Ivan. “A lot of us run together so we see each other naked. It’s not a big deal.”

“Well I’m not used to that,” she grumbled, folding her arms again.

“The people are becoming restless. We should get started,” announced Roman.

“I’ll train the females,” said Dawn.

Roman nodded, smiling slightly. “That’s fine. Just remember, we are natural fighters but our people haven’t had to do this in a long time. Just tell them to take it easy on you.”

“Ha! It’s going to be the other way around, trust me.”

Dawn gave him a wicked grin over her shoulder before racing off to the small group of females. They were looking around nervously, trying to decide if this was really worth it. Dawn would have them convinced that it was.