𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 & 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

"i showed you an especially nice dream there. i could've showed you a dream where your entire family was slaughtered, you know?"

"next time, i should show you a dream where your father came back from the dead!"

insulted enmu, laughing a little as he covered his mouth. staring at tanjiro with malice. tanjiro felt offended with those words that left the demon's mouth, his brows furrowing, veins popping out of his skin from the raging feeling he's consuming.

"breath of water, tenth form, constant flux."

tanjiro immediately charged towards the demon, his blade slashing through the surface as they fought mid-air.

"blood demon technique, compelling hypnotic whisper."

"go to sleep."

tanjiro's movements had come into a halt, the demon had gotten himself in a dream once more. but before the demon could even strike his chance, the burgundy male had opened his eyes before continuing his charge attacks towards the said demon.

the battle of the two had continued on for a few moments. the demon had used the same technique, go to sleep, but is having difficulty because of tanjiro's sudden awakening from the dream he had created just for him.

"it's not working, why?"

the thoughts of the demon were disarranged, he had so many questions as to why tanjiro's acting differently whenever he's been put to sleep. that's until he had realized that the boy had experienced the same technique over and over again, the fact that tanjiro had recognizes the hit and to recover by killing himself.

even if it's merely a dream, to kill oneself is a lot to take in. the person who's about to commit self-salughter is to have a good amount of grit. enmu is quite impressed with the said boy, yet the amusement had vanished and sudden irritation occurred and so he had sent the boy in a dream he'd be left traumatized which will unable him from further escaping.

dream of tanjiro

"why didn't you save our family?"

tanjiro's eyes widened when he noticed rokuta crying on the corner of the wall, he was carried by y/n whose eyes were bloodshot, glaring daggers at him.

"we should've died along with them, sticking with you is nothing but a mere pain." the words that came from y/n's mouth had caused a sudden pain on his chest.

he knew far better, y/n had been kind to him all his life. she stood as an elder sister, his first bestfriend, and as his cousin. the woman had always been by his side, silently comforting him whenever he's suddenly feeling dejected.

"what were you doing with nee-chan when we were dying?"

"you and nee-chan just survived on your own, even rokuta had been saved."

"how could you be so selfish."

"even nee-chan wanted to die because you're causing her so much pain."

tanjiro's mind were filled with those words, his chest tightening every minute as he witnessed in this dream about his family bad-mouthing him and y/n.