III. Training and Confessions

Começar do início

"Yeah, I know a place. Do you want to do it after the wand-weighing ceremony in half an hour?" Her smile drops, and you realise that she forgot all about it.

"Rhaegal, what could I do without you?"

"Seemingly not a lot, actually." You tense up, waiting for a sharp sting of pain on your cheek, but you never feel it. Instead, you see Fleur doubling over in laughter, her smile ever radiant. She mutters something under her breath, you only catch 'mon amour' before you realise that you need to help Ollivander set up.

"I've got to go and Ollivander set up, Fleur. Speak to you soon." With that, you run off, coming to a stop when you see Malfoy and his 'gang' standing opposite to Potter, Weasley and Granger, the latter with tears streaming down her face. A plan for what to do with Malfoy formulates in your head, and you smile at the idea. With that settled, you point your wand at Malfoy, and whisper "Locomotor Mortis." 

 Draco moves towards Harry to strike him with his fist, only to find that his legs won't move.
"What the?! Potter, don't tell me you're behind this, or my father will have your head."

"No he won't, Malfoy." Everyone turns in your direction. "I cast that spell. Because it seems to me that the only way you don't act like a spoiled brat is when someone of higher status is talking to you. Isn't that right, Draco?" The blonde gives you a tentative nod. "Good. Potter, Weasley, Granger, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle,  you will return to your form room until your next lesson."

"But Grindelwald," Ron says to you. "Malfoy cursed Hermione, increased the size of her front teeth." Hermione seems to hide her face further into her sweater, and Malfoy begins to nervously sweat, your reputation as someone who bullies don't want to mess with seems to have dawned on the Slytherins.

"Hermione, I'm not going to hurt you, I just need proof." You reach your hand out to her, and she relents, opening her mouth slightly, but enough to tell you that Weasley's words were true.

"Ten points from Slytherin. Weasley, take Miss Granger to the hospital wing. I have urgent matters to attend to." With that, you walk away from the scene, and towards the meeting point selected by Dumbledore.

"Ah, right on time, Rhaegal! Garrick, I trust you remember young Rhaegal's first visit?"

"I remember it very well, Professor. Mr Grindelwald, might I see if your wand is still in working condition?" You nod, and hand Ollivander your wand. "Thank you. 13 and a half inch, hawthorn wood, and dragon heartstring core?"

"You really are a master at your profession, Ollivander." The elderly wand maker smiles, and hands you back your wand. As he does so, his eyes flicker up behind you, and a sly smile emerges on your face.

"Ah, so these are the Triwizard contestants."

[...]

It turns out that all of the wands were in pristine order, and after a brief scuffle - or interview- with Rita Skeeter, you now are directing Fleur to Professor Quirrel's classroom. You turn a final left, and let her into the now-abandoned room.

"Should I lock the door?" The Frenchwoman meekly nods at you, strange for someone who is usually so outwardly confident, but with a simple flick of your wand, the door swings shut and the lock falls into place.

"Thank you, Rhae," Fleur begins, her eyes darting to the floor every couple of seconds. "As you know, I am a Veela, and zat means zat anyone attracted to women are attracted to us more so zan other women. But, we have mates, life-long partners, zat see past what we are, and see who we are instead. Normally ze Veela and its mate do love each other, but in the case where zat doesn't happen, or ze Veela is rejected, zen the Veela will die. I've only known you for a short amount of time, Rhaegal, but you treat me differently from ze other boys. You have shown compassion instead of longing. Not once have you gawked at me, and you've seen me for who I am. I now feel zat I have enough evidence to tell you zat I think you are my mate." Her cheeks flush a dark shade of red, and her eyes are beginning to wash over with tears.

"I fully understand if you don't love me or care for me, but I felt guilty abo-" You cut her off by pulling Fleur into your arms. 

"Fleur, I do care deeply for you. I do admit, I have an confession of my own that I have to make. Can you promise me that you won't get freaked out by what I say next."  

"I think so."

"Fleur, you know how Veelas and vampires haven't exactly had the best of histories?" Her dark blue eyes widen, presumeably out of shock.

"So you're a vampire, Rhaegal?"

"A quarter-vampire. I completely understand if you don't want to be near me, most people at Hogwarts don't know that I'm a vampire. They all assume that I'll end up the same way as my father-" Now it was Fleur's turn to cut you off, by tightening her grip around your waist.

"I wouldn't care if you were a vampire or a were-wolf, I'd still love you the same, Rhaegal."

"So if I went and talked with Luna, you wouldn't get jealous?" Fleur's face immediately sours, and you burst out laughing. "I'm only teasing you, Fleur. She sees me as an older brother, and I see her as my younger sister." 

Fleur looks up at you, the result of you being a foot taller than her, and her smile begins to re-emerge on her face. She rests her head on your chest, and you both stay like that for a minute.

"Je t'aime, Fleur."

"Je t'aime, Rhaegal."

Unaware to the both of you, Harry was smirking on the other side of the door, waiting for the perfect time to make a jab at you...

A/N
Holy Crap! This took a lot of editing for me, I couldn't decide on whether to end with the wand weighing or the confessions, but I'm glad I chose the latter, as it felt more natural for me. Again, I want to thank @VotingChipmunk for the inspiration behind this book. Hope you are all doing well, and as a reminder, I'm doing a Q&A at the end of the next chapter, so comment your questions now for a chance to be featured. As always, hope you enjoyed this!