𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

my papa found out about it and gave me a good scolding, but after that he had lectured me of not doing those images to any certain boys unless i've reached the legal age.

that made me feel awkward, i'm nine.

but after that, we forgot that the lecture never happened and go on with our days. his work usually depends, it'd be either he'll be gone for a week or for a month which leaves me staying with the kamado household.

even after papa returns he would train me the sun breathing technique. he said i was too young to learn the technique, but the days are counted and that he'd have to teach me everything before he passes away.

at first i found it funny, i laughed at papa because he's still too young to die. i know he wouldn't leave me in such a young age to fend for myself, he also promised me that he'll never die until he witnessed the day i get married and have kids.

"y/n would you like to help me?" i raised my head and saw tanjiro's mama talking to me, without muttering a word i nodded my head before following her towards the cooking area.

i wonder when papa would return. it has been two months ever since he left for his work, he said it was important and that he couldn't bring me this time. whenever he works, he would sometimes bring me and i'd see him communicating with different people and negotiating with them.

i learned a few from his work, and he said that he'd train me about it if i turned a certain age. but other than that i should focus on the sun breathing technique.

the sun breathing technique is passed down to my papa, he said that not everyone could be able to accomplish this technique because the energy required is quite massive for a normal human being. he taught me about the other techniques that resonated from the sun, he said that i could learn those techniques but i should stick with the sun breathing because it's compatible with my body.

F l a s h b a c k

"y/n give me your hands."

i tilted my head as i stared at papa. without a word i opened my palms before ushering my hands into him.

i saw him turn his back for a moment before facing me again. on his hand is a silver blade that looked untouched, there were no signs of it being used.

"this is a nichirin blade, these blades changes color depending on the owner. this is what demon slayers used for decapitating a demon's head."

papa then handed me the blade. nothing happened for a few minutes, until a certain color started appearing from the bottom making its way towards the top.

"black." papa sighed as he noticed my blade.

"it's the same as his." he muttered again.

i stared at him in confusion, my brows furrowing as i saw his disappointed expression. have i disappointed my papa?

am i a disappointment?

"don't worry y/n, the color of this blade might not change anymore but i'd see to it that you'll come far and achieve a great success that no one else could."