00 | Starting Grid

Abu Dhabi GP 2023

P1 | Faith King | Ferrari | No

P1 | Faith King | Ferrari | No.11 | Age 24

"Pole position for the final weekend of the season has gone to Faith King in car number 11 after an untouchable qualifying performance. Ferrari signed the young Londoner after her impressive debut season in F2, she was fast tracked through the ranks at the team to partner Ferrari's golden boy Charles Leclerc. It's her third season with the team and in the sport, this being the first time she has been in the title fight coming into the last race. There is only one person who can stop her from becoming World Champion and that is George Russell of Mercedes, the two have been battling it out for the whole season with only 2 pointes separating the two rival British drivers. It's King that has to chase down Russell in terms of points but it's Russell chasing King off of the start line. Her mum, dad, step mum, 2 brothers and grandma are here today cheering her on, she also has a couple thousand fans here to give her that extra push."

P2 | George Russell | Mercedes | No

P2 | George Russell | Mercedes | No.63 | Age 25

"Starting in P2 we have the current world championship leader, George Russell, whether he ends the race as world champion we are yet to find out. In his five years of racing in formula one he has never won the title before, with this year being his strongest yet. In the early part of the season, he managed to gain a lead over his team mate, Red Bull and one Ferrari. The other Ferrari driver that used to be his rose is now the thorn in his side, fellow Brit Faith King has been with him the whole season and now challenges him for the title, with a season's worth of tension building up to the final race of the season."

P3 | Lando Norris | Mercedes | No

P3 | Lando Norris | Mercedes | No.4 | Age 24

"It's Lando Norris who qualifies third, completing the British trio and the top 3 for the finale race. In his debut season with Mercedes the 24-year-old has put in a solid performance, having had big shoes to fill after 7-time-world-champion Lewis Hamilton retired. Matching team mate George Russell for the majority of the season, with mechanical issues arguably being the down fall of his title charge. Nether the less he has his own battle on his hands, continuing the Mercedes vs Ferrari narrative but this time against Charles Leclerc for P3 in the championship. Some questions have arisen on how the team will play out their race strategy, does Norris sacrifices his race for Russell or run his own race."

P4 | Charles Leclerc | Ferrari | No.16 | Age 26

"Although Leclerc is not in the championship battle, he has the team championship battle to fight as well as challenging Norris for third in the championship. Unlike Mercedes, Ferrari have made it clear that the focus is on helping team mate Faith King to win the drivers championship with Ferrari showing a united front, the Monegasque driver supporting his team mate openly. After years of heart ache with Ferrari this season has shown the team are almost back to the glory days, Charles pushing to help achieve the Ferrari dream."

P5 | Max Verstappen | Red Bull | No.1 | Age 26

"Last years world champion has struggled this year, Red Bull as a whole struggling from sanctions in the form of budget cuts and reduction in development time. Despite his strong performances and best efforts, the car has been no match for the Mercedes and Ferrari's, leaving him to claim 5th in the championship, having no real pressure on him for the final race. The Dutchman previously joked in to the media in the build up that he'd take a page from Fernando's book and watch the championship battle unfold on the big screen."

P6 | Fernando Alonso | Aston Martin | No.14 | Age 42

"One world champion joins another world champion too complete the third row of the grid, Fernando Alonso starts P6 for his final race in Formula 1, well we will see if it is the final one this time. Nether the less the two-time world champion will give it his all for the final race, wanting to end on a high with his seventh place in the world championship solidified. We are going to miss the little bit of chaos he brings and his brilliant race craft."

P7 | Daniel Ricciardo | Red Bull | No.3 | Age 34

"Upon his return to Red Bull Riccardo has kept up well with Max through out the season, securing sixth in the championship and helping secure Red Bull third in the constructors despite them not having the best car compared to previous seasons. Riccardo has said he expects it to be a pretty straight forward race for himself and like everyone else is looking forward to seeing the outcome of the championship battle, as his two close friends fight for the title."

P8 | Pierre Gasly | Alpine | No.10 | Age 27

"Pierre Gaslyyyyy accompanies Riccardo on the fourth row, representing Alpine in the constructor's battle against McLaren for fifth. He's got a big job to do in the race, but with his recent performances it is looking like Alpine will just edge McLaren for fifth whilst the Frenchman has already secured himself eight in the championship."

P9 | Alex Albon | Williams | No.23 | Age 27

"Not for the first time this season Albon qualifies in the top 10, out performing where most would expect the Williams to place. Despite a strong qualifying the Thai driver will need to convert the strong starting position to points and with a decent haul of points he could see himself finish in the top 10 in the drivers' championship."

P10 | Oscar Piastri | McLaren | No.81 | Age 23

"Oscar Piastri makes it two Australians in the top 10 and is the only McLaren up there to fight the Alpine of Pierre Gasly for fifth place in the constructor's championship. This battle is one of many to keep an eye on during the final race of the season, its been an intense year with the championship fights being closer than ever."