Chapter 1

Alex lived in a world where the first place your soulmate would kiss you was stained black on your skin, but only you can see it until your soulmate kisses you there.

They didn't pay much attention to their soulmark. They just thought that whatever happened happened. If they found their soulmate, great, but they weren't going to go looking for them. They had dated a few different people in the past, none had been their soulmate. They weren't even sure if their soulmate would like them, considering that they were the greatest villain in the world.

Alex barely even noticed it most of the time. They often forgot that it was even there. There being their right cheek, right below their eye.

They yawned a "Mornin'" to Morgan as they sat down on the couch.

The two had met a year or so ago when Morgan hit the hero Alex was fighting with their get away car that they were using from robbing a bank. Eventually, after Alex's lair was destroyed by a different hero, they sort of moved in together.

"Hey Alex," Morgan replied, sitting down next to them and handing them a plate with pancakes on it. "I made breakfast."

"Thanks Mog," they replied. Morgan roled their eyes at the nickname. (Uh, I stole the nickname from the "Nevermoor" book series bc I can't read the name Morgan without thinking about the name Morrigan... Anyway-)

"If you keep calling me Mog I'm gonna start calling you Al," they said.

"That's not gonna upset me as much as you think it is, Mog."

The shorter groaned and scooted a bit farther away from Alex so they could reach the remote and turned on the news. Alex frowned at them for a moment before turning their attention to the TV, not wanting to seem upset that their friend moved away from them. Luckily, Morgan moved back to were they were before as soon as they set the remote down.

"It's been almost a whole week without any villain attacks, and heros and citizens are wondering just what they're planning. Over Jill with the latest Supernews," the reporter said.

"That's true, we haven't bothered anybody in a while. We should do some evil today, what do you think?" Alex asked.

"I'm in, I'm kinda bored anyway. You got any ideas?"

They sat and thought for a while. "Oh! No... I was gonna say we could rob a bank, but we did that last time..." Morgan said. "What if we kidnapped a hero?"

"I don't know. What if we did something that wasn't a crime? Something that's just, like, for the sole purpose of fucking with the people."

Morgan looked intrigued. The hummed in thought for a moment then said, "Ooh! What if we told them that we're together? A lot of people probably already think that, but it would stir up some drama, maybe make the heros think that we have weaknesses."

Alex felt his neck grow hot, but nodded in agreement. "That would be interesting... Why not?" they said. Actually there were many reason why not. For one, doing this would definitely put Morgan at risk with the heros. But Alex knew they could take them, and they were incredibly bored.

They got dressed into their formal villain attire. Alex was fixing their shirt when Morgan jumped onto them. "Morgan!" they shouted, laughing.

"What? You have to carry me anyway, I can't fly."

Alex rolled their eyes and picked up Morgan bridal-style and they began flying towards the news studio. Alex smashed to window, startling their friend who clung onto their shirt.

"A warning next time, dude!" Morgan said.

"Sorry," Alex chuckled. They landed gracefully in the studio, and fortunately for them, they were filming it live. Alex set Morgan down and put an arm around their shoulder.

"We aren't here to kill anyone, not today at least," Morgan started. "We're here to announce something. We know how much you guys like drama, so~"

"We're dating," Alex said with a smile and a blush.

Morgan nodded, and, to seal the deal, stood on their tiptoes and kissed Alex on the cheek. Right on their soulmark.

When Morgan stepped away, both their eyes widened, but for different reasons. Alex was trying to wrap their head around the fact that the person they had liked for months just kissed them on the cheek. Morgan had seen the mark. "You're my soulmate," they muttered, a smile growing on their face.

"W-what?" Alex stuttered.

"Alex, your mark! You're my soulmate!" Morgan exclaimed, hugging them. Alex reached up and touched their face.

"Oh. Oh! Oh shit! I'm your soulmate! You're my soulmate! Morgan!" They pulled away slightly from Morgan's hug and leaned their foreheads together. "Can I..?" Alex asked quietly, glancing down at the others lips. Morgan nodded and leaned in slightly. Alex's eyes fluttered closed as they leaned in as well and closed the gap between them.

When they pulled apart again, Morgan's lips had stained black by their, now showing, soulmark.

"Well, so much for lieing about dating, huh?" Morgan chuckled. Alex was hugging them again, as if they would run away if they let go. "Al. Alex, you're gonna have to let go of me. You're the one who can fly."

Alex grumbled something then picked Morgan and flew them both home, not bothering to explain anything further to the news team.

"Y'know," Alex said later that day, "black lipstick really does look good on you."

"Thanks. I mean, I would hope it does, it's not like I can take it off."