Chapter Four: Could I?

Start from the beginning

Now I couldn't help but feel guilty if she just knew what I was thinking that time she wouldn't be thanking me right now.

I suddenly remember that Riki helped her the most since he gave up his seat for her. I wonder if she thanked him too, but I didn't dare to ask.

The bell rang so she bid her farewell, "I'll go now then, thank you again, and I hope we can be friends." She added. I watched her ran before I could even reply, perhaps, having racing between her and her professor to whose going to arrive first in their classroom.

That thought made me laugh. I was about to go back inside the classroom when I caught an eye staring at me walking to the corridor, the one who owns it made me too conscious of my existence.

My smile fades and turns to nervousness I always feel when he's around, I couldn't stand his cold and blaring eyes that made my heart beat fast and loud, as if his presence is not enough. I diverted my attention somewhere, no matter how I wanted to look at him.

I arrived at my seat, figuring out why he was looking at me that way and why it seems our path crosses than it's usually does these past few days.

I glared at Jungwon when he snatched the banana milk from my hand, bringing me back to reality. I watched him violently stab it with the straw and sip at it with an innocent expression as he looked at me.

"What?" he asked confusedly, "You don't like banana milk," he added when he realized I feel like drinking one today,

He looks at the banana milk, then me, "Sorry, I'll buy you one later." He said with apologetic smiles. I just sighed and nodded as I couldn't do anything but agree about it.

I sat beside him silently when he softly nudged my shoulder while looking at the corridor, and said "Riki is passing by." he whispered to me with teasing smiles.

My eyes went to the tall man to have a glimpse of him walking in front of our classroom corridor. Surely not only mine but all of us,

"Wow, look at that physiques." One of my classmates murmured.

"He looks so cool and good."

"He deserved to be on TV. Why he isn't accepting any offers." another said, about to cry.

"His prom date would be the luckiest. I mean, dating him even just for a night is hitting more than a jackpot in a lottery. I heard my other classmates say.

I just smiled bitterly when I heard that. That's right, and I won't even stand a chance because I'm a man.

I diverted my eyes on the blackboard as I could feel Jungwon's eyes on me, He softly tapped me, but I just gave him a glance and weak smile to assure him I was okay.

The professor arrived, and nothing new happened. A usual discussion, quiz, and homework were given to us. Three subjects Had passed and now our break time.

Nothing was happening that much since everyone was busy reviewing as the end of the month was fast approaching. The one who will fail won't be able to join the prom, so that explains why.

Jungwon and I were walking to the corridor not to go to our cafeteria but to the faculty office where our homeroom teacher belongs. I will be submitting my waiver now and need to find her as we will not meet her today.

"I'm so excited. What do you think the theme would be?" he said as he step-skip, walking beside me on the corridor. His excitement was evident as he didn't bother to hide it, But I guess he wasn't aware.

"Just think first how are you going to pass the monthly evaluation," I told him bursting his bubbles.

He glanced at me but glaringly, then rolled his eyes. Sometimes I wonder why we are best friends. We mostly fight daily when we're together and have a conversation like this.