𝒊. 𝑩𝑨𝑹𝑩𝑰𝑬 𝑮𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑨 𝑴𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you call Sam, Aisha, Moon? Or go to the skatepark and see if Robby is there? Or swing over to the Moskowitz's or Alexolopolous'? I'm sure they'd love to see you." Divinia adds as she makes some coffee for the two of them.

"I actually haven't spoken to Eli for the past month." Kai tells her mother who freezes in shock.

The woman tries to form words but nothing comes out. "That's a first. Is he ignoring your calls or?"

"I really don't know but all I do know is that it will be really awkward to see him again. So maybe I'll just go see dad again and come back home."

"Kai we've been here for 3 days and you missed the All Valley. You're leaving this house today and you will go see your friends." Divinia says as she passes the coffee mug to her daughter.

"Fine." The girl huffs before taking a sip from the mug.

"Great! Meet at the hospital for lunch with your father around 1:30?"

"Yeah, sure."

The woman quickly finishes her coffee and gets her handbag. "I love you more than everything, stay safe and I'll see you later."

After a couple more kisses on her daughters face Divinia Crawford leaves her daughter in their home.

Kai drives down the street after checking the skatepark for Robby when she gets a call.

"Hey Moon." Kai greets as she stops at a red light.

"Hi! My mom and your mom ran into each other the other day. Are you back in town?" The brunette asks.

"Yeah we got here like three days ago."

"Kai, you should've said something I could've thrown a welcome back party for you." Moon whines making the girl smile and shake her head.

"I'm not in much of a party mood."

"Oh yeah. Crap sorry." Moon says while remembering the circumstances.

"Don't worry about it. Hey do you want to meet up later?" Kai asks her friend.

"Actually why don't you join me, Hawk, Demetri and some of the other cobra's at the beach in an hour?" Moon offers, the girls eyebrows furrow at the unfamiliar name.

"Who the hell is hawk?"

"You'll figure it out when you get here. See you later?"

"Yeah sure."

She hangs up before making a U turn back onto the street that leads to her home.

An hour later Kailene finds herself in the parking lot of the beach. Now wearing a black two piece with the same shorts and Hawaiian shirt on, instead of sneakers she wears brown sandals. Her hair was now in a bun. Sunglasses perched on her head

Her bag lays in the passenger seat with her necessities. She takes the bag and gets out the car and pulls her sunglasses down to her eyes. She presses the button on her keys, locking the car before walking down the stairs.

She spots Moon, Demetri, a short blonde boy and a guy with a blue Mohawk playing volleyball.

Demetri serves and it hits the net. "Uh. Mulligan, send it back." He says as the girl walks closer.

"There's no mulligans in volleyball." Kai and the boy with the mohawk say at the same time.

"That word is much better on a golf course." She adds as the group turn towards her.

It takes a second but Demetri recognises her. "The keeper of keys returns to her sanctuary."

The girl laughs before the two run towards each other, meeting in the middle in a hug. When she lets go Moon and her both let out a squeal before hugging as well.

Hawk smiles at the girl as his eyes scan over her body.

"This is Bert." Moon tells her as Kai shakes the shorter boys hand with a smile.

She turns to Hawk.

"So you must be the famous Hawk I've heard so much about." Kai says to her old friend.

"How long until she realises-" Demetri whispers to Moon.

"3...2...1." The girl counts down.

"Wait a second." Kai pulls down her glasses and squints. "Holy shit! Eli?"

"In the flesh." He says with a smirk.

"You look- wow. I mean I got my braces off but you look like Barbie gave you a makeover."

"Haha, very funny." Eli says sarcastically making Moon let out a laugh.

"Barbie does happen to be the only fictional character who could ever give such a badass makeover." She adds making Eli smirk. "You look great."

Hawk began go stare at the key on the chain that was hanging around her neck. The girl put her bag down with the rest of their bags and takes off her Hawaiian shirt.

"Now, who's winning and how many do I need to score to beat you?" Kailene asks as she stands beside Eli with her shoes off and toes soaked in sand.

Eli turns to Kailene. The girl stands in a position ready to hit the ball when she turns and makes eye contact with him causing her purse her lips to hide the feeling and look that was spreading across her face

This was going to be an interesting summer.

AUTHORS NOTE!!!
here's chapter one for y'all
I love them already <3

and Stan her mom 😌

anywho hope you enjoyed