𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

"Go' I think I coughe' up a lun'." She croaked, sighing out in fatigue. "Why is coughin' so tirin'?" She asked earning nothing but a shrug from all the boys as she apologised to Peter for the splash attack of her breakfast drink. "Jamie, if I'm nae allowe' to die cause o' Astronomy, yer nae allowe' for Potions." He puffed out a sharp breath of disappointment.

Sirius' hand remained on her back, drawing large circles. "Are you okay, now?" She nodded, smiling at him. "It looked like it hurt." She nodded again with a humoured grin.

"Tha's cause it fuckin' di'." She answered. "I though' ya like' Potions, Jamie. Ya can pick on Snape in there." She pointed out.

He shook his head. "That's the only thing I'm looking forward too, but that just means that bitch Ebeneer and her even more conniving friend Jane is going to be there too." The boy had very much upheld his grudge against the girl, having knocked him unconscious and given him a horrendous concussion that lasted him four days.

Genevieve smiled at his childish statement. "Are you really that bothered by some reptile?" Sirius pondered to him. "You could just tamper with her potion and make it explode on her uniform." He added the suggestion into James' thought process, seemingly making him smile.

He snapped his fingers. "I do love the way you think sometimes, Sirius." He agreed. Peter remained quiet through this whole interaction, as usual. He was trying to wring Pumpkin Juice from his robes. Remus also remained fairly silent, rolling his eyes once more at the unhelpful suggestion from the boy to his right. Genevieve laughed at the boy's reaction, joining him as such.

"We should get going now then, shouldn't we?" Remus suggested, adding some force to the less implied question as the four agreed, rising from the benches. Genevieve picked up two bottles of Pumpkin Juice from the table, slipping them into her bag for the day.

"I will 'ave one decen' drink today, so help me Merlin." She muttered, standing beside Remus.

He simply chuckled, throwing his arm over the girl's shoulders. "Come on."

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

Upon Sirius' suggestion, James had taken the very unhelpful advice and had tampered with not only Jane's but also Ebeneer's potions, pouring too many of the ingredients into the cauldron, seemingly burning a hole into the bottom and through some of their table, causing for the class to have to evacuate the room while Professor Slughorn handled the situation at hand.

Genevieve watched as the class collectively glared at Ebeneer, seemingly blaming her as James got away innocently, though his friends knew the truth, and apparently so did Lily and Snape, the pair glaring at James instead of the Slytherin girl. The girl couldn't help but roll her eyes at Snape, who continued to glare even once Lily had finished, now sparking up a conversation with some of the girls in their house.

Sirius joined Genevieve on the floor, leaning against the wall with her. "Are you seeing the way Snivy is glaring at James?" She hummed. "You'd think he has a crush on all of us with how obsessed he seems to be to despise us." The young girl snorted into her hand, masking it as a cough.

"Nah, tha' wee bastar' does'nae ken aboot love, he ai'nae gonna 'ave it so he nae nee' to worry." She teased quietly, statement of fact behind her voice. Had Severus Snape acted like a decent person when he first started, instead of trying to control and dictate who Lily could and couldn't be friends with, maybe Genevieve would see him differently, but here they were.

"Even Ebeneer and Jane don't know it was James so why's he so determined to think it's him?" Sirius questioned, just loud enough for the girl to quietly hear.