There's Always Hope chapter 2

I was sitting in my hospital room one day when my nurse, Mrs. Davidson, came floating in. She was the happiest woman in the world. She had long white hair, soft brown eyes and rosy cheeks.

“How’s my butterfly doing today?” She asked happily.

“Do you think I will live another year?” I asked frankly.

“I do believe you could if you just keep pray’ in, darling” She said “Now have you had anymore headaches recently?”

“No”

“Do you have any trouble breathing?”

“Yes, at least once a day my lungs get blocked up and I have trouble breathing.”

“Okay, honey, just keep fighting through it.” She said and gave me a sad smile.

Just then I had another “breath attack” as I called it. I started gaping for air. I tried to calm myself down. They usually pass with ten seconds. I waited 10...20... I trying harder it just seemed to make it worse. Beads of perspiration rolled down my forehead. Mrs. Davidson ran for the emergency button. Then everything went black.

I woke up with an oxygen mask on. My breathing was steadier. I was lying on my bed, and the doctor was talking quietly to my mom. I saw she was crying. Then I realized it. I was actually dying.

The doctor came over “Hello Hope, we need to do a lung transplant. It is an emergency so you are moved to the top of the list. As soon as we find a donor we will let you know.”

Then my mother came over. I could tell she was trying to hide her tears. “It’s alright, Hopey, we’ll be home soon. Maybe the cancer will go away again.”

“No” I said. “I won’t go home. God hates me.”