Prince Kai touched my shoulder slightly "Are you okay Princess? You look a little pale" he said with worry.

I nodded slightly "I'm just a little exhausted" | replied.

He looked at me worriedly "You've been checking on your civilians since this morning. You need to rest. Do you want me to walk you to your chambers?" He offered.

"That's very kind of you Prince Kai but I'm--" I was interrupted by my mother.

"Oh she'll gladly accept your offer young prince"

She smiled at him.

I looked at my mother confused. She came closer and whispered to my ear "You're going to get married, might as well get to know him better" My mother smiled at me encouragingly.

I sighed but nodded. I turned my attention to my father and he was looking at me with sadness like he understood my situation. I just looked away and walked with Kai.

While we were walking Kai kept starting a conversation but I wasn't really in the mood so I only replied out of courtesy.

"We went to your Kingdom this morning with three hundred knights to help the war, but I guess most of The Savages are retreating because we noticed it's a lot quieter now" He shared.

This conversation got my attention "Do you know why they are retreating?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders "They won't tell me much about the battle with The Savages, but I think your father and my father knows something" he said.

I nodded. I will give my father a visit in his private quarters.

We arrived in my chamber and Kai opened the door for me "Thank you for walking me to my chambers Prince Kai" I forced a smile.

He nodded and kissed my cheek "Anything for you" he said before walking away.

It felt wrong when he kissed me on the cheek. I felt uncomfortable, even though I shouldn't, because he's my fiancé.

I shook my head and got rid of the feeling. I should be thinking about the questions I should ask my father about The Savages.

I need to know if Jisoo's okay.

I stayed in my room and took a nap, hoping to get more strength for the rest of the day.

After that, I got ready to talk to my father. I walked through the hallway heading to his private chambers.

I knocked on his door and he spoke "Come in" so I turned the knob and opened the door.

"Father, I would like to ask you some things about the war," I said.

My father looked up and nodded. I sat on a chair in front of his table.

"I heard that The Savages are retreating. I want to know why" I said.

My father looked shocked "Where did you hear that?" He asked.

I sighed "It doesn't matter father. Why are they retreating?"

He sighed and signaled the guards to leave.
When they were gone he looked at me seriously "This is a topic I shouldn't be discussing with you"

"I'm going to be Queen someday father. I thought you wanted me to be ready" I replied.

He sighed "Of course I want you to be ready but this is something you shouldn't be involved"

I looked at him confused "Why? You always push me to be a part of these things, why not now?"

He stared at me for a couple of seconds before replying "Because it involves Kim Jisoo" he replied carefully.

Suddenly I was overwhelmed with worry but I acted like the news didn't affect me "What's the difference if Jisoo's involved or not?"

He sighed "It's no use in hiding it Jennie, I know about you and Jisoo"

I looked shocked "What? H-How?"

He shook his head "I'm your father. I notice these things" He looked at me again "Why didn't you tell me?" He sounded hurt.

I looked down "What was I supposed to say?" He knows my situation very well. He was once like me. Even though he said he wanted me to be happy, I know deep inside he still wants me to marry a Royal. That's what we were supposed to do.

Sexuality is never really an issue. A lot of citizens here are in a same-sex relationships. Adoption is also never an issue, even royals adopt their heir even my father was adopted. It's only the status where they become bigoted.

He looked at me sadly "I'm sorry princess, but I was being honest when I said I wanted you to be happy"

I glared at him "If you want me to be happy, cancel my engagement. The only reason I said yes was that all of you made me feel like I had no choice, but I do, and I choose Jisoo" I replied with determination.

He sighed sadly "I'm sorry Jennie, but everything's already finalized and signed by both parties. We can't, especially now that we're indebted to the Longfords. It's either that or we go to war, and we can't afford another war"

They were right, I really had no choice.

A lone tear ran down my face. My future is sealed. They even signed papers, like my life was a piece of property.

I feel my world crashing down. I knew some part of me died. I felt it.

I stood up not looking at my father and not saying anything and went straight to my chambers where I stayed the rest of the day.

I cried myself to sleep that night and watched my life as they signed it away.

~~~~~
Don't forget to vote and comment😊