Stop Being So Mean

Start from the beginning

"Get that stone and come back! No messing around!" The armoured flyer yelled as the ramp closed.

"What did he say?" Clint asked Raiva.

"Don't get the stone, stay there, and mess around as much as you'd like." She grinned.

"Don't listen to her. She's turning into Stark." Nat almost absorbed her grin, hers growing as Raiva's fell.

"Excuse you! I am not Tony! A, I am such a good person to listen to; B, I am not becoming Stark - I am way smarter than him when he was my age, and C... stop being so mean."

Nat chortled at getting the younger woman riled up, but she easily picked her up and buckled her into her chair like she was tying a toddler into a car seat.

"Close your eyes." The Widow cooed, kissing each eyelid softly before she slid into her own seat as she knew Raiva had fallen asleep.

Soon enough, the jet lurched into speed and both Avengers chuckled as they looked at one another.

"We're a long way from Budapest." Clint grinned whilst Nat shook her head and laughed.

Beneath Raiva's eyelids, her eyes moved around slowly as she dreamt, but her eyebrows furrowed at a voice inside of her head.

*Raiva... I need to show you something.* Stella murmured.

*Not now, Stels. I'm tired.*

*It's important. And it's about Mom.*

She slowly pulled herself out of her dream, having mastered lucid dreaming to stop her nightmares, and kept her eyes closed in peace.

*What?*

*I want to show you the hive mind.*

*I thought Klyntar died.*

*It did, but the hive's knowledge was passed down from Mom to me.*

Raiva felt an urge to look, just to fulfill her childish curiosity, but she shook her head in the smallest amount possible.

*After we get back to our time.*

*Fine. But then no more pushbacks - you have to listen.*

*I promise.*

"Rai."

She opened her eyes at the sound of Nat's voice and her small hand on her shoulder.

"Hi. We're here."

Raiva stood next to Nat who stood next to Clint, amazement in their eyes as they saw Vormir before them. It looked beautiful, with swirling clouds and horrendous thunderstorms that tickled the scientist part of Raiva's curious brain.

"Rai - mission now, nerdy brain later." The Widow murmured and the host simply nodded.

----

The trio slowly climbed the mountain, Nat and Clint's thoughts on the Soul Stone whilst Raiva's was on her symbiote.

*Raiva, I'm sorry, but you need to see this.*

*Stella, seriously, not now. Can't it wait until we get back from the mission?*

*NO. This needs to be dealt with now.*

Raiva sighed and paused, nodding to Clint and Nat to continue whilst her symbiote came out from behind her back.

"Go on."