Your quirked your eyebrows at Marcus, the look of 'I told you so' written across your face that drew a smile onto his a face and a laugh from his lips. It was different to see you interact with Emma; he'd hung out with her a few times now, but it still amazed him at the relationship that two of you shared. If he didn't know better, he'd have thought you were twins ten years apart.

"No, now that is, this is different." Amy defended, though shot you a warning look. You couldn't help that Emma would return the exact same energy you gave her, however, you could help the language you used around her.

"How?" Emma scolded folding her arms across her chest as Amy reached out and tugged her hat down, smoothing out the hair that stuck up outside of the knitted confines.

"It just is. It's an adult thing. You'll understand someday. Come on." Amy grabbed Emma by he hand and left her towards the ticket booth to buy your tickets for Lego Batman. You and Marcus hung back, standing beside the doors into the theatre. Moving out from under his arm, you wrapped both arms around him, hugging into his chest.

"Told you she's the devil." You chastised smooshing your face against the soft fabric of his jumper that peaked out between the unzipped lapels of his coat.

"She's not that bad." Marcus argued, pressing a kiss to the top of your head and wrapping both his arms around your shoulders, keeping you close to him and offering you what warmth he could provide.

"You didn't live with her." You sighed, a chuckle elicited from Marcus as your determination to prove her to be evil. Though you didn't really think that: Emma was the sweetest kid you knew, and she was constantly proving that to you. "But you are right. She's not that bad."

"Did you guys see that?" Amy asked with urgency, four movie tickets in her hand and her face paled.

"See what?" The simple comment seemed enough for Amy to brush if off for now, ushering the three of you into the theatre ahead of her; Amy looked around before closing the door behind her.

She shook off your concerned look, a smile curling on her lips as she held up the four tickets. "Who's ready for Lego Batman?"

————————————————————————

"I mean, I'm just saying, we're friends, so if you did play hooky yesterday, you can totally tell me." Dina probed, leaning against the countertop and dividing you and Amy as she made the two of you cups of coffee.

"I wasn't." She confirmed, a half-asses cough forced past her lips as she talked with Dina, hoping to convey how she was still struggling with her 'sickness.'

"Are you sure you should be drinking coffee?" Dina chided as Amy passed your mug too you, 3/4 filled with black coffee that you could adjust to your own taste, and took a sip of her own. "Caffeine mixed with cold medication can have the same effects as meth."

"Really? I've never heard that." Amy held the mug a hair length away from her lips, seemingly going to ignore Dina's comment, but changing her mind at her unwavering glare, moving the mug above the sink and beginning to pour it out.

"Oh, it's true." Amy continued to empty the mug of steaming liquid down the drain, meeting Dina's eyes as it became half way empty in hopes she would leave and she could continue to drink it. "Yeah, all of it."

As Dina became satisfied with the torment cause to Amy in an effort to get her to 'admit,' she turned to you, a sickly sweet smile curling onto her lips. "Y/n! You live with Amy right?"

Finishing making your coffee, you turned to Dina with a tight lipped smile, cupping the mug between two two hands and holding it inches from you lips. "No I don't, I haven't for months Dina."