click! ♡ [minzy x taeil - college au] ONESHOT

click!

I. anti-romantic

"Who's the less romantic between us?", Jiho put the question on the table with a grin on his lips right after downing the espresso in one shot.

"That must be him", everyone agreed while pointing at Taeil, much to his surprise. Sure, he knew he wasn't the most romantic guy ever, but he never thought that was people's perception of him. He was Taeil, the karaoke genius, music major and fish geek, but that was the first time he was dubbed as 'anti-romantic'.

"You're cool and all hyung, but you're honestly hard to deal with. I lost count of all the girls I tried to set you up with. You don't ever open your heart to anyone! You're like a rock", Jihoon whined, defeated.

"What is it that you're looking for? Do you have an ideal type?", Yukwon asked, in the hope of helping his friend.

Taeil loosened the turtleneck that suddenly felt tight around his neck after the unexpected question.

"Well...- I just have to click with that person. That's hard to describe into words-... click! That's the most important for me", he explained the best he could.

"What did I tell you! He's so difficult!".

"I just want someone to be able to drink with me, someone whom I can have an endless conversation with". You could hear a hint of resignation in his voice. He simply couldn't develop interest for anyone.

II. A mocha to go.

Taeil had ignored the jingle of the door all morning; freshmen came in and out of the café to get the precious caffeine push to go through the first day of college. The brass bell at the door rang once again, but that time was different. Its ring sounded incredibly sweet to the musician's ears.

He raised his head, ignoring the rest of the conversation held by his peers.

A girl waltzed in, bringing with her the mood of a warm spring day despite the drizzle that typically marked the beginning of the Academic year. For some reason, Taeil couldn't lift his eyes off her. There was nothing particularly eye-catching about her, but he couldn't help but keep his head low and stare at her as she walked past him. Like petals shaking, grazed by a beautiful butterfly, waves seemed to crash into his untouched heart.

"Good morning! A mocha to go, thank you!".

"It's really cold today, isn't it? It'll be 2,500 won, thanks!",

"Oh, it's freezing! Here you go. Have a nice day~!".

Her voice was gentle and warm, a caress to his musical ears.

Taeil managed to catch a glimpse of the bouncing curls at the tips of her reddish hair before another freshman blocked his vision, and in a split second, she disappeared.